• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another Ohio new-b

440_Dakota

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone just wanted to introduce my self,names Ron and I'm from the armpit of the midwest Toledo and yes I'm a recent addicted XJ-aholic which is my 2 sons fault they have had them a few years and encouraged my to build one so we could go play together

I own the 2000 in the pic a good solid start but have the dead head issue and 0 psi compression in 1 cyclinder,thats how I found this great site and have learned alot already,looking forward to gettin into the groove here and possibly attend some outings

good grief, another ohio person.

I'm like 2 hours away from there if you need help.

Welcome! I want to hear more about the truck that your username refers to, as well...

No compression in a cylinder on a 00/01 is bad news, plan on a whole new longblock, but you probably already know that. Last time a friend had that happen it was because #6 piston disintegrated and the conrod was just flopping around in the bore.

Thanks for the welcomes

the user ID refers to a long gone project that was never finished,87 Dakota with an expired 3.9 had a built 440 on the stand and decided it would be a good idea to combine the 2,got it in fine but couldn't find anyone to build headers this was before Schumacher started making them,so that enginge went in my Dart for a while and I was already using the ID on various sites and just stuck with it all these years,much easier than remembering a couple dozen different IDs for all the sites I'm on,too many hobbies

Back