• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Day in Azusa 6-30-07

IMORTL

NAXJA Member #1156
Got another day out in Azusa without the boys…

Not very many people… they fenced off the mud flats at the end of the reservoir… but there are still mud pits… prolly not for long though…

Ended up using my winch a lot today…

This guys XJ was pretty much buried… said his motor wouldn’t start. Walked a good half to three quarters of a mile to come ask me to help him… said a big blazer couldn’t get him out cause of the deep sand… that was good for me to dig in with…

102_5593.jpg

102_5594.jpg

102_5595.jpg

102_5596.jpg

102_5597.jpg

102_5598.jpg

102_5599.jpg

102_5600.jpg

this was the first time I’ve ever tried to drive up a tire for this pose… he said he had 41” IROK’s

Driver front was on his and all three others were on the ground…

102_5601.jpg

102_5602.jpg

102_5603.jpg

102_5604.jpg

not bad for 33" tires eh...

there were a few other XJ’s out there today…

nice quite day… but a lot of stuck people….

Ken

richardolivera87 said:
the name is richard . whats yours ??

Sorry... I pulled you out a few times and never asked... How rude of me.. I'm Ken...

I've nere really listed the stuff on my Jeep...

It was a stock 1990 XJ Limited with 123,000 miles on it...

I put:
5.5 inch RE lift
4.56 gears
33x14.50 tires
detroit in rear, ARB in front
rock rails, xfer case skid
C4x4 front bumper
9500 Mile marker winch - but you know about that :)

I have fun with it...

Ken

Skwerly said:
Don't be too modest now, how do you REALLY feel about your Jeep?

LOL

it is a really dirty thing... skanky kind of...
It is a really abusive relationship,,, I beat the hell out if it and it still gets me home...

IMORTL said:
LOL

it is a really dirty thing... skanky kind of...
It is a really abusive relationship,,, I beat the hell out if it and it still gets me home...

Its just waiting for the right time to kill off a CPS......say, someplace about
out of reach of a tow company!

:D

Hey Ken, that xj you pulled out, is it primer grey? Seems awful familiar to me.....fellow Azusa Canyon'ers may remember that jeep.

couldnt really tell... it looked dirty grey

ugh... some loser stole my fking wallet while we were at azusa sunday. it was in the center console... i took it out to look at a picture of the wife and kids cause i missed em, and put it back in, then this morning i go to pull it out to get gas and bam, no wallet. the only time i wasnt in the jeep or sitting in the back was when we first pulled up to that suburban that was stuck real bad..... oh well. note to self, everyone, everywhere, is a god damned dirty thief.

the worst part is my naxja membership card was in there :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: along with a $2 bill my dad (who has been dead for 10 years) gave me when i was 5. most things can be replaced, some cant. i got a ticket sunday morning around 3am on the 5 freeway that was in there too, i dont know how the fk im going to figure out how to pay that one..... the worst part is there was no cash in my wallet, and $52 sitting under a napkin right below where the wallet was in the console, and its still there :flamemad:

FTW
that is all.

:(
-mike

Oh man, that really is too bad, I can't imagine losing cool stuff like that! I thought only the best of the best folks went to Asuza!! (haha). No really, that sucks double-ass man. Just remember Glamis on Halloween, Jack Daniels and all the stupidity you can handle. That oughtta get yer mind off it ;).

Skwerly said:
Oh man, that really is too bad, I can't imagine losing cool stuff like that! I thought only the best of the best folks went to Asuza!! (haha). No really, that sucks double-ass man. Just remember Glamis on Halloween, Jack Daniels and all the stupidity you can handle. That oughtta get yer mind off it ;).

Don't get me wrong but it may have fallen between the seats. I have lost $hit that way before and found it months later, wallet being one of them. If it was stolen the bastard will get what he deserves, remember that karma thing.

I will have a cold one for you, preferably on ice from a bottle...

Leep

Leep said:
Don't get me wrong but it may have fallen between the seats.

believe me, the xj was the first victim to my tear it apart rampage.... then the garage, then the laundry, then the closet..... i even looked in the fking fridge thinking "hey maybe i set it down while grabbing a beer last night" :dunno: but yea, its gone, and the last place i saw it was in the center console at azusa, and when i left there i parked it at home and went to sleep, and she hasnt moved since then until today. i was pissed at first but what are ya gunna do ya know? getting all pissy doesnt help any so fk it i made all the calls today and i'll see what i can find out about my missing ticket on thursday, im sure im not the first dumbass to lose a ticket.

ugh. tonight will be the night of 100 beers anyone in the south LA area call me lets hang out (you buy, i have no ID :D)

lol
-mike

GrimmJeeper said:
believe me, the xj was the first victim to my tear it apart rampage.... then the garage, then the laundry, then the closet..... i even looked in the fking fridge thinking "hey maybe i set it down while grabbing a beer last night" :dunno: but yea, its gone, and the last place i saw it was in the center console at azusa, and when i left there i parked it at home and went to sleep, and she hasnt moved since then until today. i was pissed at first but what are ya gunna do ya know? getting all pissy doesnt help any so fk it i made all the calls today and i'll see what i can find out about my missing ticket on thursday, im sure im not the first dumbass to lose a ticket.

ugh. tonight will be the night of 100 beers anyone in the south LA area call me lets hang out (you buy, i have no ID :D)

lol
-mike

ok, been there done that, those bastards. If I were closer I would definately buy, crap that really sucks tho. If mine were stolen my world would stop. If I can help let me know.

And you know what, the washed off mud dont look too bad on red, but I was told that next time use soap.

bummer man....I had my wallet stolen once in high school. Only had $5 in it but thankfully someone found it in a parking lot and returned it to me sans the $5. I didnt care about the money since it was so little. It was the drivers license, pics, and other cards that would have been a PITA to replace. Just the thought of going to the IL DMV was frustrating enough.

Back