• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

advise on a welder...

foxwar71

NAXJA Forum User
ive found a good deal on a lincoln 175A/220V mig welder in like new shape. in the descriptions ive seen for this welder is says 5/16" with fluxcore. id wana be running gas w/.035" wire and do 1/4" max for bumpers down to 1/8" for frame plating and such. think these machines are up to the task? anyone got one? what u think of it?

yea. Are you set up to run a 220v service though? Lincoln and hobart are the same thing. I have a 220v stick welder for the bigger stuff and a 140 handler for the small stuff. I run .23 wire and co2 argon mix and it work pretty good. I can weld up to 3/16 with that wire if i go slow. If you v-channel you can do thicker. I have noticed i use the small welder more as i can use a heavy le-cord with it and don't have to use the 220 volt plug. But having the bigger welded is nice for working on equipment when im welding 1/2" steel

Personally id buy new and get a 115V welder unless your using it every day

The lincoln HD 3200 is a nice little unit. We have one at the shop. You can get it at home depot for about $500.It does .25-.40 wire if i remeber correctly and can do flux wire or non with gas.

what's a good deal ? i bought my hobart 180 for $600 and change and it does everything i want it to. Hobart and Miller are NOT the same as one another. they use the same gun and all but the internal's are different. Hobart is a cheaper version for sure.

Back