• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adding cruise to 93 Sport

From my understanding talking to jeepsareus through his website, he indicated the models that didn't have cruise, still had all the wiring to make it work. I know that I am facing the same delema on adding an extended idle switch to my '94 Sport XJ, but everyone is quoting something outta a book that I have never seen. The FSM should give you some idea, and you shouldn't have to swap columns to do this. The column should already be setup for the wiring. Take pics and advise if there is a difference, as I will be adding cruise to mine here shortly as well.

Jeff

ihscoutlover said:
From my understanding talking to jeepsareus through his website, he indicated the models that didn't have cruise, still had all the wiring to make it work. I know that I am facing the same delema on adding an extended idle switch to my '94 Sport XJ, but everyone is quoting something outta a book that I have never seen. The FSM should give you some idea, and you shouldn't have to swap columns to do this. The column should already be setup for the wiring. Take pics and advise if there is a difference, as I will be adding cruise to mine here shortly as well.

Jeff

Hey Jeff...

I pulled the components from donor and verified i have everything under the hood of mine to swap it in. I still have to pull the column from donor which is needed for the stalk w/CC.

I'm not tearing another tilt column apart.. i'v done several and i hate that job.

The kits Jeepsareus sells are ready installs. I am confused as to how or why you have to take the column apart? The wires just feed down the column. Is it run some different way?

ihscoutlover said:
The kits Jeepsareus sells are ready installs. I am confused as to how or why you have to take the column apart? The wires just feed down the column. Is it run some different way?

My stalk (turn signal lever) does not have the cruise control's, just the delay wipers.

Back