• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Abandoned Cherokee found...

Original_MudButt

NAXJA Forum User
I know this may be old news, but it's the first I heard about it....

Looks like the drug cartels are trying to sully the XJ name.....

WELLTON, Ariz. - U.S. Border Patrol agents seized a vehicle loaded with more than $300,000 of marijuana in the desolate southwest Arizona desert
Wednesday night.

At about 10 p.m., Border Patrol agents assigned to Camp Grip discovered a breach in the vehicle barriers along the international boundary about
30 miles west of the Lukeville, Ariz. Port of Entry. Agents followed the tire tracks that led north away from the border and discovered an abandoned Jeep Cherokee with bundles of marijuana stuffed in the back.

Agents secured the vehicle and contraband and began following the footprints of the three suspected smugglers that led away from the vehicle. Border Patrol agents tracked the groups' footprints back to the international boundary where the smugglers returned to Mexico to avoid arrest.
Agents discovered 17 plastic-wrapped bundles of marijuana stacked inside the vehicle. A total of 412 pounds of marijuana with an estimated street
value of $330,000 was seized. Border Patrol agents transported the marijuana to the Wellton Border Patrol Station where it will be processed for destruction. The Jeep Cherokee was seized by the Border Patrol.

Camp Grip is Yuma Sector's tactically deployed forward operating base that is designed to maintain operational control of the seam between the Yuma and Tucson Sectors. Camp Grip has become an integral piece of the Yuma Sector Border Patrol's strategy to secure our borders.

http://www.lasvegastribune.com/inde...rijuana&catid=49:unclassified-news&Itemid=243

Last edited:
Bet that's the last time they ever head out without a spare CPS...

Hey Border patrol now has another XJ for their fleet! :D

I have never had a CPS go bad.... yet... knock on wood. Them drug runners are unlucky SOB's. You'd think that if they are transporting 300k in drugs they could AT LEAST spend a couple grand to make sure the vehicle is reliable :dunno:

another reason for legalization!

Yeah next to the main reason! I don't smoke it and never will but just legalize it and go after the Methheads!

http://www.azfamily.com/news/300K-worth-of-pot-found-in-abandoned-car-in-desert-80480842.html

010110-jeeppotbust.jpg

border patrol has fast vehicles allready, im sure their new STOCK raptors would burn the shit outta most xj's as-is.
I don't think that's really a fair statement. Not sure I would really consider that truck "stock" in a traditional sense.

That would be like saying "a STOCK mustang SVT Cobra would smoke a taurus in a race"... The raptor and cobra are both small production "purpose built" vehicles (built for the purpose of having fun and getting places fast :D) and comparing that to a more traditional passenger/utility vehicle and calling it "stock" just because it came from the factory like that is kindof a stretch. That is still a modified F-150 just like a cobra is a modified mustang...

For a closer comparison you could say a STOCK raptor would kill a STOCK F-150 off road... yeah... because the Raptor is a MODIFIED (thus not really stock) F-150. I bet a truly stock XJ would do well compared to a true stock F-150 though.

but I see what you are getting at and agree, the border patrol probably doesn't need an XJ. If I were them I would use it during quiet time to beat around in. :thumbup: :laugh3:

My XJ is a Border Patrol / DEA recovery vehicle. Stolen from the original owner in San Diego, captured 6 months later loaded with drugs out in the desert. Returned to the owner, all the bolt on sheet metal including the doors were replaced along with all the grill plastic. She sold it to her nephew and when I bought it from him it had a huge stack of records. About half of it was related to the recovery of the vehicle. Took about 6 more months to get it back from the feds.

OH and it has (had) bullet hole in the floor on the passenger side which I welded up.

John

Last edited:
still cant stop laughing about the cps!

Almost sounds like they might have dumped it for some one else to pick up. That is a lot of product to be moving with out some insurance...

Back