• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a MUST buy for jeepers with stock speakers

Damn if the door panels have to be modified to fit, I might sell the set i just got. Oh and the speakers in my doors are Blaupunkt and the head unit is a Pioneer, not stock.

OK, as promised, I am adding photos of these new speakers. I just installed them and I am completely pleased with their sound. Installation was easy.

I used a 1/8" drill bit to drill four new holes for each speaker. The screws that come with the kit are adequate for installation. Door panels and rear upper covers easily fit over these speakers.

232323232%7Ffp533%3A5%3Enu%3D3367%3E234%3E5%3A3%3EWSNRCG%3D33%3A879%3A93%3B336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp533%3A9%3Enu%3D3367%3E234%3E5%3A3%3EWSNRCG%3D33%3A879%3A946336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp53668%3Enu%3D3367%3E234%3E5%3A3%3EWSNRCG%3D33%3A879%3A937336nu0mrj

Here's one more to prove the original cover fits over the 6.5" speakers.

I finished installing mine today, and they sound GREAT! :party:

Compared to my cheap pioneers, the highs are warm (old was harsh) and the mids and mid-bass are rich. At $60 for 2 pair that was was one of my best buys ever :clap:

Thanks again to the OP for letting us know about this deal!

OK stupid question, but how do you get the rear speaker covers off? Do they just pop off? Or is there anything special I should know about?

The speakers are down to $50 now - still a good deal. I bought two pairs when they were at $40 a pair. I put the front ones in my '99 today and they do sound great - still have stock infinity amp though. I had the Polk 5.25's in the front so the difference isnt as dramatic as from stock. I did also dynamat and dynaliner the front doors also today. They close with a satisfying thunk and the Jeep doesnt feel as Cheep! The rears are stock so when I get around to doing those...

I'm not aiming to rattle windows - just a good value for money upgrade.

Happy New Jeep Year - Santa didn't bring me a Rubicon Unlimited AEV Hemi JK - can't have everything!

Just a heads up---

I bought 2 pairs of these speakers, and like everyone else, I am completely satisfied. They are awesome! (bought them at $40 a pair too!)

I removed my stock head unit at the same time, and went shopping. I found a helluva deal on a Sony unit- (CDX-GT530UI I believe) Originally $139.99, Best Buy has on sale for $83.99!! It is a damn good unit for the price, 2 preouts, a USB port and line-in on the front...etc. It drives these Polk speakers REAL nice. Just a suggestion for those of you looking for a new radio. (This is from my local Best Buy, may not be nationwide, so take this with a grain of salt.)

And for the guy looking for an amp, I would suggest this one for the price:

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-GM640...lifier/dp/B001NFFY3E/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I would rather power all four of my speakers rather than just two, and I trust Pioneer's products.

Last edited:
I installed them in my '99 today. i ordered a pair of pigtails from crutchfield so they are truly plug-and-play. pigtails have a vehicle harness connector, and a wide and narrow spade connector for the speaker side. worth the extra wait.

used a screw-gun to send home the rears without pre-drilling, and drilled out the door and used 4 of the provided screws for the front. windows go all the way down, and they sound great. fronts do hit the grill, but i can live with that. wife was able to hear the music in the house when i got done.
i am driving them with a pioner 45x4 head unit. still not even close to the factory 7 speaker infinity setup in my RAM, but it sure is better than the stock cardboard speakers.

Back