• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 engine runs then dies

erp467

NAXJA Forum User
It runs for a 30 seconds and then dies. it does restart but then will die again.

its loses spark and even after turning its over for a while i have no fuel smell out of the tail pipe.

I'm leaning twards the CPS and i tested it and seems bad but i wanted to see if there is any thing else i might be missing it could be.

also can the cps be bad but still work for a while then quit then work again?

Be sure that your electrical system is up to snuff. A bad battery can have enough juice to start the engine but not keep it running. LOAD TESTING is the only way to truly confirm battery condition. While you're at it, freshen all electrical connections and grounds.

How did you test your crank sensor??

i tested the cps with an ohm meter

i havent load tested the battery but i used the starter to move it whileit was in gear and it still would start but it would lose spark and i would assume it lost fuel because it died the same as if you turn the key off no sputtering

all other systems work well except it dies randomly and while trying to get off the trailson saturday, as long as i kept the revs high it would run but miss but as soon as i pushed the clutch in to shift it would die

Last edited:
Back