• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$7 rocklights installed with pics!

=D your new beam angle etc looks more like those neon tubes the ricers use, you should get some colored bulbs and run em!

i plan on just making my forward lights blinding... i'd rather be able to see what im gonna hit before im right up on it. =)

Remind me to not be in front of you on the trail.

Are those Vatozone lights sealed? Any problems with water condensation/water getting inside the lights?

Remind me to not be in front of you on the trail.

considering your from co and im in ca i can pretty much be a 100% on saying i will never run a trail with you. and cuz i run more desert and big wide open spaces, i dont need people in front of me, i dont run in tight trails at night times anyways, but if i do i want to be able to see what im getting into.

ok well I live in CA year round and remind me not to be in front of you

or just ask me not to run them... or point them in a better direction, theres other ways going about it... its not like they are in a set place and cant be moved, its as simple as asking me if your running up ahead of me to angle them down towards the trail and not in your eyes... i'll apologize and fix them no need to be all confrontational about the situation.

well around here we dont need rock lights, so for the trails i wired these up tonight....
IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

work pretty good just not as bright as i was going for

same goes for me, i dont need rock lights, but i do need good forward lights, and i still think i need another set of kc 6" slim lights to go between these =)
IMG_0152-1.jpg

Where did ya mount the rear lights?

They are mounted to the floor, just inside of the unibody rail on the drivers side. the beams cross. The left light points to the right & the right to the left.
They are only a couple inches lower than the floor & are higher up than the unibody rail & the drive shaft.
Look close you can see them in these pics.

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_4912.jpg

I agree on having the lights pointed away from the vehicle. I have mine on my CJ mounted between the front & rear wheels. So they shine on the wheels then in front of the axle & at the rear wheels then out behind them. And the radiant light they give off is more then enough to light the whole underbody.

And Hellas & KCs on your roof or bumpers get annoying to other wheelers and they do nothing for you when your crawling over obstacles 1ft in front of you. I use my Hella 500s for headlights when driving and hardly turn them on when night riding with a group.

And Hellas & KCs on your roof or bumpers get annoying to other wheelers and they do nothing for you when your crawling over obstacles 1ft in front of you. I use my Hella 500s for headlights when driving and hardly turn them on when night riding with a group.

because the hella's and kc's arent set in stone once mounted... whats to say you couldnt face them towards the ground when wheeling to give yourself more light up directly in front of you? :gee:

Back