• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'60s M101 Trailer in Elizabeth

RockyCodeHead

NAXJA Forum User
I am no longer looking for one of these and one pops up for sale in my neighborhood... figures... :)

I stopped and did a walk around, the trailer itself is in good shape, needs a new tire (may only need a patch job) on the right side. The guy that owns it wants $1000. It has a flat-4 connector for the lights which implies a 12v conversion.

It looks identical to this web image:

M101-Trailer-3.jpg

It's across the street from the BIG-R store on Elizabeth Street.

Map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...t,+Elizabeth,+Elbert,+Colorado+80107&t=h&z=16

-Rob

Isn't that trailer WAY too heavy for practical use behind an XJ?????

Edit: Found this spec list:

M-101 Trailer, Cargo, 3/4 ton Specifications

Length, overall 147 inches
Length, cargo box 76 inches
Width, overall 73.5 inches
Width, cargo box 65.5 inches
Height 35 inches
Height w/cover 83 inches
Ground clearance 14 inches
Weight 1,340 lbs
Capacity 1,500 lbs (M101A3: 2,000 lbs)

Ok, so maybe not "WAY" too heavy, but I dunno that I'd want to go off road with it, much less haul it over the mountain......... :dunno:

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this - I saw that the other day but didn't have time to take a look at it.

Was it a pintle hook hitch?

Jim www.yuccaman.com/jeep

Yeah, it has a lunette. The original jack is missing, the guy has a conventional hand-crank trailer jack on the tongue rail.

Isn't that trailer WAY too heavy for practical use behind an XJ?????

Edit: Found this spec list:

M-101 Trailer, Cargo, 3/4 ton Specifications

Length, overall 147 inches
Length, cargo box 76 inches
Width, overall 73.5 inches
Width, cargo box 65.5 inches
Height 35 inches
Height w/cover 83 inches
Ground clearance 14 inches
Weight 1,340 lbs
Capacity 1,500 lbs (M101A3: 2,000 lbs)

Ok, so maybe not "WAY" too heavy, but I dunno that I'd want to go off road with it, much less haul it over the mountain......... :dunno:

I am thinking the M416 would be a better trailer for pulling with an XJ, the M101 would be usable but quite a load offroad.

I am trying to figure out a way to put a PTO on the XJ so I can run hydraulic lines back to that MJ bed and put that axle to work for me :roflmao:.

Back