• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6.0 LS Swap

Quit screwing around and put an Allison in it :)

No NEED for that. the GM 6L80 should do the trick. Either way some tunnel massaging will need to happen.
Few years ago when I worked at a local GM dealer, I talked to the master tech about Allison vs the 6L80 and said that it's only 2nd to the allison. Less expensive too.

I know it, just kidding around.
At 500 HP and presumably a bit less torque a built 4L60e would work fine. Easier to package in the car but not cheap.
A mild 4L80E would work but it's portly.
The 6Lxx transmissions I don't know anything about except that the Chevrolet guys at the SEMA show I went to said "We dont' offer them because we don't think it's a good choice for the custom car crowd. It doesn't offer enough "extra" over the 4 speed boxes without a lot of vehicle & use specific programming"
The Allison, of course, makes no damn sense in anything that isn't going to be towing or hauling quite a lot of weight. It's big, it's heavy, it's expensive, it's not easy to work with on the electronics end... but it's an Allison.

My lack of personal LS mod work had been outdone by my engine guy. He's done some major head work and flow bench testing, since he's almost at 270cfm in theory 500+ hp is possible with the right cam/injectors so I'm pretty pumped.

However, that means $600 torque converter is needed too hahah.

Figure out yiur axle ideas yet? My spider9s are done and under it now. Still have a lot of body trimming to do though.

Sorry for the delay. Busy making money for this winters phase 2.
I did figure out axles, I built a 8.8, but now I've changed plans. Going with ton's. Just picked up a 05+ 60/10.5 and H1's that I'm re-centering. Say goodby to the street look!

I've got the same ones from Travis. Haven't moved them off the trailer this last month. You should shave all the cast mounts on the front for me.

Got mine from Travis also. And that would be a Big Fat NO! I am Not looking forward to shaving the 60. Waiting on Artec to see when there TJ/XJ truss will be available. The JK ships the 29th so it should be 1st of the year sometime.

I think I am going to make my own if I do a truss. I picked up a set of H1's that someone on MGO recentered, I just need some PVC inserts instead of rubber runflats. I don't even have a plasma to help shave the 60...

I don't mean to pry, but how much you got into this engine swap? Not asking for a cost breakdown, but I'm too aroused not to want to do this to my 97 vs doing a stroker… Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread...

I have a freshly pulled 6.0 from a truck I don't need, complete with errry thing.

Check over in the New England section.

A V8 swap is a way better option than a 4.slow stroker.

Jeremy can you estimate the amount of extra space around the intake you have with that cowl? Im preparing myself to hear from our smog Nazis that I need to run the truck intake and want to try and figure out what the smallest cowl I can get away with is.

Jeremy can you estimate the amount of extra space around the intake you have with that cowl? Im preparing myself to hear from our smog Nazis that I need to run the truck intake and want to try and figure out what the smallest cowl I can get away with is.

I have about 1/2" of clearance due to the intake tube. If I ran the car accessories I could reroute the tube and save an inch.

Back