• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33x9.50x15 BFG A/T Opinions please help

Pizza cutters do give a nice classic military look though, like the old Jeeps.

The 10.50s do have their advantages.
It's a lot easier to fit them under an XJ fenders.
They stress the hubs, ball joints and steering less.
They cost less and have perform well in our many trips around California and the southwest; in snow, sand and moderate rock and mud.
Since the XJ is my DD and get towed around behind our motor home, I want an easy to drive, go most anywhere, semi-normal looking, all-weather vehicle.
Keeping it low, without going to extremely oversize tires, let me accomplish that (it also enable a short wife to get into without too many complaints). Your needs will undoubtedly be different.
Most of my 4X4 friends have TJs and run 33 X 12.50s. I have never been left behind or had any more problems than they do. It might have something to do with the XJ's lighter weight.
I also like the slightly narrower track which has enable me to sneak between rocks the wider Jeeps had to climb over.

I thinky the 9.5" looks and works the stoopid, barley enough tire to the ground, squeaks around turns, spins tires in the rain, more tippy on the trail, so I think its poop. 10.5" is as narrow as I would go, with some better backspacing then stock.

oh and how cheap on the deal for the tires & youll need a spare too.

Last edited:
I thinky the 9.5" looks and works the stoopid, barley enough tire to the ground, squeaks around turns, spins tires in the rain, more tippy on the trail, so I think its poop. 10.5" is as narrow as I would go, with some better backspacing then stock.

Are you Nigerian? :D
I thinky the 9.5" looks and works the stoopid
Other than that, the rest of your logic is flawed as well. A 9.5" wide tire is still a pretty fat tire compared to most on the road. The stock size is only 8.5" on the XJ. My 30s had plenty of traction on road and in the dirt. I just wanted to go bigger.

Are you Nigerian? :D
Other than that, the rest of your logic is flawed as well. A 9.5" wide tire is still a pretty fat tire compared to most on the road. The stock size is only 8.5" on the XJ. My 30s had plenty of traction on road and in the dirt. I just wanted to go bigger.

ok I have no idea what I am talking about, and I made it all up, no experience with said topic, and I will send you a check for 100k if you give me your email & bank acct info.

Two reasons why most will run a wider tire off road, larger foot print and it will hold a bead better on a skinner rim when aired down.

A 9.5 will not give you close to the same amount of traction as a 12.5, and you will loose beads much faster with the 9.5 then if you had a wider tire.

This may or may not be a big deal to you.

I think 10.50 is a nice medium.

I had 245/75/r16 mt'rs, and they sucked. Too narrow, too short.
(31x9.5)

Calm down everyone I did not get the 9.5 but I did find a killer deal on some 33x10.5 damn it looks so much higher (I know it is not that much but still looks bad ass and alot taller)

Second day rolling on them and some stuff i noticed..

rain today they slip alot more then my bald ass 32's

very happy that i did not go with the 9.5 think the 10.5 is kind of skinny

Stupid me have always gone black out why the hell did have to try white this time:twak:

Keep bumping my foot gettin in

my speedo and odometer are off even more will have to get the speedo gear now.

Thanks for all the info and pics :sure:

How dare you tell me to calm down! :D
I'm contemplating some 33x10.5s to replace my current tires. Mostly because I have a friend with a set almost brand new he'd sell me, and then I could take the wheel spacers off the front.

My old friend ran that exact size on her TJ and boy did she take alot for the looks of them. Too skinny and funky looking. If they were a mud terrain then it might have looked better. But a tire is a tire and if it's cheap, buy em.

Barely enough tire to the ground? Hmmm, that would mean more psi thus equating in better traction... but hey physics, that's stoopid. lol

NICE....I LIKE THE LOOK ILL POST MINE THIS WEEKEND:) SO IM GUESSING THEY KICK BUT IN THE SNOW UHA? HOW ABOUT A ROCKY AERA? HANDLING? THANKS
1dm-capslock.jpg

PS:D

Last edited:
Calm down everyone I did not get the 9.5 but I did find a killer deal on some 33x10.5 damn it looks so much higher (I know it is not that much but still looks bad ass and alot taller)

Second day rolling on them and some stuff i noticed..

rain today they slip alot more then my bald ass 32's

very happy that i did not go with the 9.5 think the 10.5 is kind of skinny

Stupid me have always gone black out why the hell did have to try white this time:twak:

Keep bumping my foot gettin in

my speedo and odometer are off even more will have to get the speedo gear now.

Thanks for all the info and pics :sure:

Are you gonna post pics?

I think they're slippery in the rain because they still have the oily layer from the factory. Once that rubs off they'll be good

Back