• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

31's fit with no lift

Tre

NAXJA Forum User
well after cutting out the fenders, and mounting my 31x10.5's on some Crager soft 8's with 4" backspacing. i put them on today to see if they'd actually fit and be able to drive. (i'm putting a 3" lift on this weekend)

sure enuff it fits and doesn't rub at all just daily driving around. i'd imagine id get a bit if i flexed it out with no swaybars. I have no rear right now and disco's on the front.

looks pretty good to. i'm definitly gonna try 32's this spring on the 3" lift.

I have a 3" lift on my '98 with 31's. I run no swaybars at all and with a lot of trimming I still rub in some areas.
With that said I Had another '98 with a 3.5" lift...same amount of trimming with 32's...rubbed no more than my 31's do...BUT with my 31's I run stock rims. I had aftermarket rims with less BS than stock when I had my other XJ with the 32's.

Just some food for thought.

I had a 2 inch BB and 31 Mud terrians and I had no rubbing but I did serious cutting. Now im going up to 6.5 and full widths, the mods just wont stop!

Running 31's on Rubi rims now with no lift on my '99. I only rub when I am moving in either direction...so a hybrid 3" goes on this or next month sometime. It's my DD, so I don't wanna hack too much. That's what the buggy is for.

-Rich

do the older xj's have less rubbing issues? mines a 88. i know people say every xj is different. but damn. didn't know it was that different. oh well i'm happy they fit without a problem. just reinsures me that the 32's i planned to run in the spring on the 3" lift should fit.

hey i know you guys arent going to believe me but i have a 87 xj on 35 boggers with no lift ,lots of triming but i can drive down the road but if i drive over a pebble i will rub , just waiting for the lift

A '92 will fit 32"s with a 3" lift, cutting, and 3.75 back spacing. I believe the later style needs more lift/work to fit larger tires... been wrong before though.

rupert said:
hey i know you guys arent going to believe me but i have a 87 xj on 35 boggers with no lift ,lots of triming but i can drive down the road but if i drive over a pebble i will rub , just waiting for the lift
i believe it. i cut a good amout of metal or should i say rust out when i did mine to. i know a 32-33 would probably squeeze in there as is. but like you said... going over a road bump would make it rub.

btw where canada you from?

Heres a couple pics of the fit. Looks alot better then the paint oem wheels that were on there and the bananna peel rubber.

jeepwheels.JPG

jeepwheels2.JPG

rstarch345 said:
Run 31x10.50's on a 3 1/2" lift with 4.5 BS for street and 32x9.50 with 5 1/4 BS for wheelin'. No cutting, no rubbing. '00 XJ.
My also 00 xj, What kind of tires(31x10.50) and what lift(31/2") are you using? Thanks!

Yes, the older Xjs are less prone to rubbing, they are also less prone to nees SYEs.

I have around 2.75" of lift and 33x12.5x15 TSLs & lots of trimming with rubbing offroad, but no tire damage. I also get a little LCA rub on full steering lock in parking lots.

DSC06064.jpg

DSC06051.jpg

DSC06035.jpg

DSC06020.jpg

rstarch345 said:
The 31x10.50 tires are Dayton AT's. The lift is a mix-n-match. Skyjacker coils with spacers and the leafs are Pro Comp with 1 1/2" shackles.

What 32x9.5x15 tires you running? The TSL's?? How you like them in that size?

88XJ_FireFighter said:
Where you sittin at 3"?? Do you DD them at all? I'm thinking about getting those this spring at about 2.5-3". I'm trimmed good already though.
No I don't DD those tires. Did a 1 hour drive with them over Thanksgiving and they were horrible on the highway (had 36PSI in them). Shimmy, shake, noisy sucks up gas.

Fantastic on the the trail. Run 14PSI front 12PSI rear.

My lift is 3 1/2" (with everything loaded, probably 3") and part of the secret with is the factory wheels with 5 1/4 BS.

rstarch345 said:
No I don't DD those tires. Did a 1 hour drive with them over Thanksgiving and they were horrible on the highway (had 36PSI in them). Shimmy, shake, noisy sucks up gas.

Fantastic on the the trail. Run 14PSI front 12PSI rear.

My lift is 3 1/2" (with everything loaded, probably 3") and part of the secret with is the factory wheels with 5 1/4 BS.

I got my eye on some 15x8 black steelies with 4.75" BS that would be great for pizza cutter.

What's up all?! I'm new here. So hi. I have an '01 XJ w/ 2" of lift and I'm running 31 X 10.50's on the factory 15" rims. No cutting, no rubbing not anything and drives like a dream. I do have to be careful making a really sharp turn, cause I'm sure I'd rub on the LCA's, but haven't rubbed yet. Seems like every XJ is different no matter what year.

Back