• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

302 MJ

Nope, My buddy is coming to look at it today. I need money but if he doesn't buy it, its getting done sometime! :laugh3:

I traded a buddy a D30 and installed it for a non-running mj. Solid no rust.

Plan on the same swap. 302 out of a truck. But that's a long way off. Too many unfinished projects

It was for sale for a while, I decideed not to sell it just yet unless someone makes me a good offer on it. I'm in the same boat on projects. Fixing my Subaru this weekend then possibly buying a running/driving XJ to fix up and sell.

buick supercharged 3800 is a good motor, 260hp vs 220 or so from A 302. good torque too. i had a 93 regal with a n/a 3800 and even that was a close race with a fox body. couldnt kill it either.

buick supercharged 3800 is a good motor, 260hp vs 220 or so from A 302. good torque too. i had a 93 regal with a n/a 3800 and even that was a close race with a fox body. couldnt kill it either.

not even close to a bolt-in. trust me, I've done it with a n/a 3800 series 2. above and beyond all of that, you MUST use either a non-jeep HD trans such as a world class T5, or an ax15 with a dakota bellhousing...which will still have to be modified.

add to that the fact that with the 3800 installed so that you can actually do an oil change and have access to the filter...you'd have your throttle body coming into the dash with an S/C 3800.

Back