• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2015 FALL FLOG - OCT 23-25th - (See new thread) Change of Venue!

Re: 2015 FALL FLOG - OCT 23-25th - Durhamtown Tellico, Murphy NC

Well, that's your fault for living in Florida. lol

Actually...it's my parents fault for moving to Florida from St Louis when I was 4.

Of course that's still 8-9 hours away from AOP...so...sigh.

LOL

My daughter should graduate highschool in 12 years...at that time I'll be moving somewhere north..at least a little north of Atlanta...probably a good bit further.

I'm not sure I follow that logic but alright. That's the fun Jeep.

It's the fun Jeep when I don't have 3 kids in the back seat.

If I have the kids in tow then I'll be in the green Jeep.

Might as well ride comfortably if I can't do any crazy stuff.

Basically, after Harlan I pretty much lost all interest in that Jeep. Interest will come back... just don't feel like it right now.

2015 FALL FLOG - OCT 23-25th - Durhamtown Tellico, Murphy NC

Well I get that but I thought you wanted an RV to camp comfortably with 5 people and still be able to bring the fun Jeep.

Right, that IS the plan but the green Jeep needs some play time too and I don't feel like fixing the crap wrong with the gold Jeep.

Maybe I will before the time gets here. We'll see.

Morris Mountain out of the question?

IMHO yes. We rented it for the Crawl in 09.

IMHO yes. We rented it for the Crawl in 09.

What does Morris Mtn offer that AOP doesn't?

I've never been to either one.

By looking at maps of both parks it appears that Morris Mtn has half the "moderate" trails that AOP has. We have to keep in mind that not all of use have majorly built Jeeps.

Edit: Wait, I might have misunderstood. Glenn, you're against MM or for it?

Last edited:

He is against it. MM is not a very "professional" or "polished" park. It's very rugged as in there are no bathrooms, they're more or less a shack, there is one pavilion that is very open, typically neither of the brothers are there at the gate, and it's not nearly as well maintained as any other park in the SE. That being said, it's a small park but has some really fun obstacles, especially for built rigs if you're there to wheel. There is stuff there for lesser built rigs but not nearly as much as AOP or gulches. MM is a fun park, especially since it's 45 minutes away from me but it is not the same as AOP. For this event and the rigs attending, AOP, Windrock, or Gulches are really the only viable options, IMO. I love gulches but I'm stilled pissed I drove 4 hours for my junk to not run in June. AOP is 3.5 hours from me and I went in March. Very fun, lots of variety for all jeeps, and is well maintained with a good staff. I've never been to Windrock. It's also 4 hours away.

We had the Flog at Windrock last year. I enjoyed it.

Only issue is that the place is SOOOO big that you really have to know your way around.

We had a guide last year but not sure we'd have the same luxury this year.

I'd prefer AOP or Windrock.

Yeah, I know it's really big and would help to have someone that knows their way around like Doug. I'm down for either.

I was in the green Jeep on 31's at Windrock so I didn't see the big stuff that's there.

I've always preferred small parks that don't take an hour to get back to base camp.

im down for either windrock or AOP.

it could be fun at AOP with the offroad jamboree

Last edited:
Back