• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ wipers

alfman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
My 2000 XJ has a problem with the intermittent wipers and wipers parking. Intermittent run constantly like low speed. When I turn off the wipers they stop where they are and don't park. I have been told there is anintermittent module that's not available anymore, however the dealer says there's only the switch and the motor, and they "think" it's the motor that controls intermittent. Before plunking down money I would like to know if this is the problem.

They are correct in that all the controls are built into the switch. The park function is within the motor.

Correct, only the older Jeeps had a separate intermittent module. There is a park switch in the motor, but it's fed from the switch con the column. This sounds like a bad switch on the column to me.

On a 2000 Cherokee, it's all fed from a circuit breaker powered from the run/acc circuit. Intermittent position running constantly is a common symptom of the switch failing.

I agree, some vehicles must feed the park power from a circuit that stays on when you turn the key off, as the wipers will park after you turn the key off instead of staying at attention.

Yup, all fuses are fine. I've been living with this "problem" for a couple of years. It's more of an annoyance than anything else. I just couldn't get a straight answer from the dealer as to whether it's the switch or the motor. Looks like the switch is it.

Back