• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ - Daily Driver/Expedition Build

Re: 2000 XJ - Kaboom!

I did the drag link because I think it was never done.. 155k on that tre.

I did it on the ground.. no alignment needed. I did have to straighten the steering wheel, which is no big deal. There's a bleepin jeep youtube that helped me do that. Super easy.

I love the sound... its gets very loud and hits hard. I didn't want to loose cargo space either so I went with that box... I'm satisfied with the outcome.. although I do need better roof speakers.

Awesome - I'm probably going to get something like that soon - appreciate the feedback.

I hear nothing but good things about long arms... my goal is get them done this year, but I am still planning and researching other aspects of my suspension.

I heard decent things about the RC kit too... I would use different arms and/or joints though... but their setup looks ok, I think.

My buddy Is running the RC long arm, and the belly plate is beefy, the long arms kinda mount a little low and he's got caught up on them before, but they didn't bend or break. Only complaint he has, like everyone else, is the joints wear out in less than a year.

For 600$ or so for the kit, you could source your own joints and bushings and probably still be under a grand.

I have the TNT kit, and really like it, but it's about 1200 after shipping. Similar to RC but the arms are tucked up in the pan out of the way, as well as larger higher quality flex joints.

Thanks for that feedback Brandon. That tells me to lean toward the RC and replace their joints before I even install it. Supposedly their joints have been improved lately though? I have heard that.

I love the TNT kit but its a little out of my range... we'll see. I'm a little ways off from making the decision.

Curt Hitch install with JCR nutstrips.
GET THE NUTSTRIPS!
They are perfect. Them and the hitch REALLY firm up the unibody.
IMG_2102_zps01a55f5e.jpg

And with the bumper on it tucks up there very nicely.
IMG_2106_zps8da856dd.jpg

Scored a brand new in the box steel cowl hood off CL.... woo wooo!

IMG_2101_zpsaa2b63ff.jpg

She's a beaut.
IMG_2108_zps6f72d53d.jpg

First fit didn't line up so well...
IMG_2118_zps5480554d.jpg

Some gaps... ugh
IMG_2119_zps1fa79f70.jpg

After taking out shims and aligning it.... a much better fit.
IMG_2120_zpse4fff6c2.jpg

It sits up just a c hair in the front though...
IMG_2122_zps2c64acab.jpg

Thanks for that feedback Brandon. That tells me to lean toward the RC and replace their joints before I even install it. Supposedly their joints have been improved lately though? I have heard that.

I love the TNT kit but its a little out of my range... we'll see. I'm a little ways off from making the decision.

FWIW I've had the RC longarms on my jeep for a few years and have had 0 issues with the joints bit I'm good about keeping them greased with every oil change and keeping the undercarriage washed after offroad.

Installed JKS rear shackles... it rides much nicer now! The factory angle is just horrible. Next up I'm going to level it out with ACOS up front. Cowl hood is painted. Pics coming.

FWIW I've had the RC longarms on my jeep for a few years and have had 0 issues with the joints bit I'm good about keeping them greased with every oil change and keeping the undercarriage washed after offroad.

Thanks, I'm still considering it for my LA setup. I just don't like that there's no cut away section should I need to access the trans or something. Can you even drop the trans pan with it in place?

Re: Re: 2000 XJ - Kaboom!

I just don't like that there's no cut away section should I need to access the trans or something. Can you even drop the trans pan with it in place?

I'm not sure why people get all bent up about accessing the trans pan with your skid plate in place... How often do you actually need to drop the transmission pan anyway? I mean, unless you're THAT GUY and you change your transmission oil every year, it's really not a big deal. I've got the TNT kit and to drop the skid and disconnect my arms so that I can get to my trans pan only takes me a max of 20 minutes. If you're only doing it every few (5??) years I think it's a non-issue - or at least should not sway your decision.
Now if it was welded in place .... :D

[/soapbox]

Back