• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 x cps = +6* timing

The one that I tried to move and bent a bit was an aftermarket. The one that I cut the wings off of was OEM. The sensor was dead but I kept the middle part. I will see if I can try to find it for dissection.

Maybe the renix ones move easier than the newer ones. I had the high-alt CKP on the 88 Eliminator.

Could be. I bought 2 high altitude Renix CPSs from the dealer as spares when I found out they were being discontinued.
you know you drive a jeep when... :laugh:

I bought a used SCT 9550 on ebay, and had my friend cook me up a few tunes. Right now I'm running around with +4 timing and 1300 rpm extended idle. we tried +6 but the crappy 87 octane we get out here in cali it was too knock prone.

I bought a used SCT 9550 on ebay, and had my friend cook me up a few tunes. Right now I'm running around with +4 timing and 1300 rpm extended idle. we tried +6 but the crappy 87 octane we get out here in cali it was too knock prone.

What year are you reprogramming? Anything special in your programmer?

There are MANY things you can do to these ECU's that you can't do with SCT. My friend happens to be very skilled with Jtec/sbec tuning and has been tuning vipers/magnum motors long before SCT ever showed up on the mopar scene.

So How do I get a SCT programmer with the supporting software installed on it so I can adjust/tune the stock ECU?

What's the point if you can't write your own tunes and make your own adjustments. No 'canned' tune will work for all the possible combinations out there.

No he doesn't but [email protected] does a good job. Kolak didn't actually do the programming himself, but hooked up with a company that did it for him. That company sold their software and equipment and no longer does it.

this is renix fi is much better..... we have a knock sensor to pull out timing.
realize that you are only altering base ignition timing
the ecm adds/subtracts timing from there

No he doesn't but [email protected] does a good job. Kolak didn't actually do the programming himself, but hooked up with a company that did it for him. That company sold their software and equipment and no longer does it.
That's my friend :)

Back