• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2” Budget boost and rear leaf pins: do i need to replace them?

Woodswanderer

NAXJA Forum User
Reading conflicting posts about this. Can anyone confirm if i need to replace the leaf spring centering pins with longer ones on a 2” lift? I read a thread on jeepforums saying 2” lift in the rear didnt require longer pins, but 1.5” lift does...doesnt make any sense to me, i would expect the other way around.

Lift im looking at is 1.5” drop shackles and a 1/2” lift block with BPE’s on the shocks

codename 99 problems: Daily driver/tow rig build thread

That would depend on whether you have to do any shimming, in that case you do want steel "bolt-on" shims.

If it’s just a block out back, or even a shackle… you don’t need to even touch the leaf spring center pin (unless it’s broken).
You would only need a new center pin if you were adding an add a leaf, or as RCP PHX mentioned, a shim that bolts into the pack. Both of which usually come with a new center pin when purchased.

If it’s just a block out back, or even a shackle… you don’t need to even touch the leaf spring center pin (unless it’s broken).
You would only need a new center pin if you were adding an add a leaf, or as RCP PHX mentioned, a shim that bolts into the pack. Both of which usually come with a new center pin when purchased.

Excellent, thats all i needed to verify 🤗 thanks guys!

Second oil change under my ownership. Switched to Rotella T-5 10w30 and scored a free Royal Purple 20-253 filter off craigslist.

Pressure at idle dropped to about 30psi when warm vs 40-43psi. Sticks around 45-50psi under load.

With the purolator boss mustang v8 filter the pressures stay closer to 50-55psi under load, 40-45psi at idle.

The RP filter has the drainback valve at the thread end vs purolator at the case end. Next change i’ll probably go back to a mustand v8 filter

Back