• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1999 XJ sport value

to answer your question, No you will not make more than $2500 parting it yourself. that being said.....

dont take a penny...... call an attorney.
if the fire literally happened immediately after leaving their shop you have a case that should include the workmanship and full reimbursement, not just the value of the vehicle.

All is good....ins co paid $2,300 & I keep XJ, gave XJ to shop for repair bill & turned around & got a '98 TJ Sahara with 134k miles for $2,500. Happy Camper! Basically it was worth nada when we towed it into the shop.

I guess I don't follow why the repair bill was even in the mix, they burned your xj to the ground! They should have eaten the bill no questions asked! Not to mention some reimbursement for your pain and suffering!

I really dug that XJ though. I've been a CJ & TJ guy for the last 20 years, I've had 6 or 7 and got rid of them for various reasons. I miss the 2003 Green Rubi bought new first year they came out, daily driver, not! Sold to save my back but loved the XJ, just felt good. We will miss "Lucy" but I've NEVER EVER got such a deal as the '98 Sahara...

Back