• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1991 Jeep XJ with Genright fuel tank

91lsxj

NAXJA Forum User
Good Morning,
I recently purchased a genright fuel tank for my 1991. The tank uses the 97 and up fuel sending unit which is no big deal I purchase the new pump. But I cannot find a fuel retaining nut that fits. Everyone site take me to "Mopar Replacement Fuel Tank Retaining Rings 52005389" this ring is to big. When I watch install videos people just use their stock ring. Any help or leads to one would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Besides that retaining ring, have you also looked into what it will take to make the late model sending unit communicate with your early fuel gauge?

That is the correct part number for +97's, so if that doesn't fit you need to call Genright and see what does!

Anak,
I finished LS swapping by jeep a little over a month ago, and I'm using a Dakota digital dash. The dash won't communicate with the stock sending unit ohms range, which is a big reason to switch to the gen right tank.

Anak,
I finished LS swapping this jeep a little over a month ago, and I'm using a Dakota digital dash. The dash won't communicate with the stock sending unit ohms range, which is a big reason to switch to the gen right tank.

Sounds like you are on it.

It might be worth trying again on that lock nut with the same part number. It is within the realm of possibility that you received something that was incorrectly boxed.

Boost-Werks makes a fuel pump swap kit. It is for +97, but needs the return line from the HO's. I am looking for the steel return lines.

Back