• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1988 lifted Jeep Commanche on denver craigslist

boomer1

NAXJA Forum User
Dont know if you guys have seen this yet but Dont bother making the drive to see this one.

Red = me

I'm selling my 1988 lifted Jeep Commanche. Here's what it has:

* 6 inch Rusty's High clearance Long Arm Lift Kit (w/ arced high clearance control arms, coils, leaf springs, ect.) Long arms in good shape. sprung over rear. the passengers coil is bent
*Rusty's Heavy duty Steering conversion. very nice
*Dana 44 rear axle with trac lock differential and DISC Brakes outta a suzuki rodeo
* 4:10 Gears front and rear. told me he pulled a dana 30 axle from a comanche with 4:10s factory installed, told dad he set up the gears.
*15" x 10" Black American Racing Wheels
*33"x 12.50" All-Terrain Tires ( 60-70% tread left)
*NP231 transfer case w/ slip yoke eliminator kit painted bright yellow!! lol
*Rear CV driveshaft
*I had the front driveshaft rebuilt
*I have a Rusty's Front bumper with winch mount. mounting points bent to hell and split.
*A Rusty's skid plate (still in box!)
*Spider Trax Wheel Spacers
*Interior is in Good Shape! yep the passengers seat... thats about it.
*NO RUST! the grey carpet is turning that redish rust color on both floor pans.

What he forgot to mention:

the bed is crushed on the drivers side
changed the dana 30 to a one-piece axle appears to leak like a cive
The shell is more cracks than fiberglass
one tail light is shattered
the front end is ripped to peices (meaning the bumper mounting points, i can see the fenders are gone lol.)
one side of the bed is trimmed and the other is not?

just to list a few.

Here is the deal... This truck either needs an engine or could be a GREAT parts tuck! I was in the middle of putting a new engine in and just don't have anymore money. All the after market parts have been put on within the last year or so. I've NEVER wheeled the truck with these parts on them. All parts are in Great conditions. I've spent a lot of time and money on this project, and I don't want to get rid of this truck, I just need the money! I'm asking $1400 OBO. (just make me an offer) Thanks! Trevor 720-394-3095

Dont know how to get his pics on here but heres a link
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1637243295.html

Heres dad and my theory,
He took it to moab (or somewhere), backed into a hole, crushed the bed, blew up the engine trying to get it out, then ripped the front bumper off winching it out.

If we're right i dont know how much id trust the drivetrain after all the abuse

I checked the page out a couple of times/ decided not to take on another project that doesnt run.... sucks to hear its beat up/seemed like an awsome deal for a parts rig

thats what i thought!
Was going to rip it apart and put the lift and stuff on my Mj and sell the rest but theres nothing left to sell after i take the lift. lol

$1400 for a parts truck! Ha.....I bought my 99 XJ in was nice condition except the paint sucks and a running motor w/150K (that is strong by the way) for $1700! He'd be better off just selling it by the piece.

Just my .02

Well i wasnt planning on giving him 1400 for it but he told me that he had a guy from the springs comming to get it for 1300. That about the time we thanked him and headed towards our jeep. lol

Back