• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1988 Cherokee *FEELER*

myxjrocks

NAXJA Forum User
As I come closer to putting the jeep under the knife again, I begin to wonder what I really want out of a vehicle and I’m not sure if this jeep is really what I want to go forward with. It doesn’t help that I have another Cherokee sitting right next to it begging for some attention. So here is my “feeler”, and what most of what the jeep has in it (minus the countless hours that I have into it). I’m sure I’m forgetting some info here, so if there are any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. I really won’t be happy to see this jeep go, but most everything I’ve done so far will go to waste with what I have planned. So here’s the chance to get a very capable rig at what I think is a fair price and it saves me from having to cut it up anymore.

1988 Jeep Cherokee
190,XXX miles
4.0 inline six
Automatic AW4 Transmission
NP231 Transfer case

Engine
Runs great, starts up everytime, passes smog and has current registration paid till august 2008. Normal jeep oil leaks. I upgraded to the open cooling system about 4 months ago with a 3 row CSF Radiator with new water pump and new hoses. New battery about the same time as cooling system was upgraded. New Flowmaster muffler has the perfect sound to it without being very loud inside. A/C compressor turned into on-board air.

Axles
Dana 30 Front- Stock besides gears w/ Lockright.
Dana 44 Rear- Stock Besides gears. Does have factory limited slip.
New Yukon Gear 4.88’s installed a little over a year ago.

Body/Interior
Body is in pretty decent shape. Small dents here and there, but I’ve done pretty good with keeping it out of the rocks. Fenders were trimmed and flares were moved up. Rear corner panels have been cut and folded and rewelded for a better departure angle. The pins have been knocked out of all the door hinges and wiring have been done, so there is the option of running doorless if so inclined. Front and Rear box bumpers w/ shackle mounts. Rear bumper wraps around the side to protect the corner panel.
Seats are stained and drivers seat has a good sized rip in it. Carpet isn’t the prettiest either. It has a CD player and upgraded speakers. Nothing special, but they sound alright. Tinted windows, front windows are a mid-tint and rear doors back have dark tinting. Two switches on the console by the transfer case shifter to control OBA and Aux. Fan. Cheap CB radio.

Suspension
Front: 5.5” R.E. coils up front with custom mid-arm 3 link
Rear: 3.5” R.E. Leafs with 1.75” shackle.
Skyjacker shocks
Stock lower control arm mounts were cut off and new mounts were fabbed and welded on.

Tires
35X12.5-15 Baja Claws not sure of tread depth, but I’ve been extremely happy with the wear or these tires. I’d be surprised if they were half gone.
Wheels are Black American Racing 15X10 w/ 4.25” B.S.

This is just a feeler for now and I think I’ve already written too much, so I’ll stop.
To appease the mod gods I’ll state the price at
$4500 OBO
And the vehicle is located in Bakersfield, CA
Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, these are the best i could find on the computer. I'll shoot some more tomorrow when I have more light.
12-23-05_1751.jpg

12-10-05_1432.jpg

cherokeefront1.jpg

cherokeedriver-1.jpg

cherokeepass.jpg

Back