• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1973 Scout II for sale. Belleview, FL 34420

NAXJA Forum User
Located near Ocala, FL (Belleview is just south of Ocala and is ZIP 34420)
Let me start by saying this is a project. I went blindly into this and did not look closely at it and I traded a nice jeep to get this scout. From 50 ft away it looks great. From 3 ft away...not so much. It has a LOT of rot and bondo and fiberglass in the body and especially underneath the body...it actually has 2x4s sitting between the body and frame. I must be blind as I did not notice this when I looked at it. My loss. It was running and driving when I picked it up but not well and it seemed as though the distributor was installed wrong as well as plug wires were crossed. Apparently I am not qualified to fix this despite trying so now it will turn over but not fire. Engine appears to have good compression and I know the transmission and transfer case both shift fine as I did drive it before it quit starting. The tires are dry rot. They hold air and have decent tread but I wouldn't drive on them very far.
It has the 345 V8, 727 auto trans, D-30 open knuckle drum brake front and D-44 rear. All stock and original.
The good about it is the engine and drivetrain all appear to be solid. The grill and hood and tailgate and doors all appear to be in good to great condition. The frame and suspension (stock) appear to be solid. The interior is actually quite nice (does not have stock front seats). It does not have a steel hard top but does have a full soft top in good condition.

I am being as honest as I can and you really need to come look at it to appreciate both the good and then realize how bad the bad items are. if you want a frame off restoration THIS is it or if you need a complete rolling and near running chassis...this is it too.

Again $3,800 OBO. Don't hesitate to make an offer. Worst I can do is say no. I know this is probably high for a rig in this condition but I do need to get something back out of it.

I'm too busy to part it out and try to organize it all to ship etc.
The pictures I am posting show (the scout on the right) of course the front (best part) of the scout and then some pics are shown of the 2x4's under the body between the frame.

I can transport for $1.25 a loaded mile up to 500 miles from Ocala...but I will not transport until funds have cleared my bank account and it's a done deal.

More pictures. I am going to try like stink to get it running again this weekend.

Back