• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

12.2 miles per gallon please check my math.

Jarvis_Pants

NAXJA Forum User
Ok not a math wizz someone please double check my math.

Here in the middle east gas costs 0.8 Q.R. per litre.

I filled my jeep up went to the dessert thrashed around and drove back filled it to the top again it cost 28 q.r. and i drove 181 km.

28 / 0.8 = 35 so i used 35 litres to go 181km

181 / 35 = so thats 5.2km for 1 litre.

1 Gallon =
3.78 Litre

5.2 x 3.78 = 19.65km/gallon

1 km = 0.62 miles

19.65 x 0.62 = 12.2 miles

12.2miles per gallon.

Sound right? Comments?

:cheers:

not sure on the math, but keep in mind "thrashing around in the desert" drinks up more fuel than normal driving... so if your using this to get an idea of MPG it's gonna be a little off.

That's pretty close to what I got of 12.11. Sounds like you need a little maintenance done to it. Have you lifted it and put larger tires on it or anything that could be throwing everything off?

Too much math.....
......head hurt

Next trip, take the liter reading off the pump and the corrected odometer reading and make it km/Liter. Then convert that. Much easier.

I've never drove in the desert, but it's like playing on sand hills, that sucks gas bad!

have i done anything.......

i run 31's out back and 28's up front no lift.
I removed all the exhaust from the headers back and installed a straight pipe.
Its got a 6 point roll cage and 0 interior apart from the two front seats.

Running dessert is bad for fuel mileage but i wanted to find out a worse case scenario so we were doing about 180 there and back and driving pretty fast when we were there too. You spend most of your time in a gear lower than you would on the roads.

Next time ill go a little easyer and see how it is then. Thanks.

2wd i am assuming? :confused:

A: Your math about the same as mine. The difference is probably a rounding error.
35L / 3.78(l to gal) = 9.26 gal
181km * 0.62 (mi per km) = 112.22 mi.
112.22 mi / 9.29 gal = 12.08

Haha no its 4 wheel most of the time... the sand shifts under the car its very loose so if helps that the back tires are going a further distance than the back and that the front are more torquey than the back.

Just have to shift into 2 wheel for roads and solid flat areas.

If it has rained and the sand is hard i drive around most of the day in 2 wheel drive though you just have to keep the momentum up. Its not that hard.

Back