• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

#1 US Export... Fuel?

WB9YZU

NAXJA Forum User
http://news.yahoo.com/first-gas-other-fuels-top-us-export-200739553.html

In 1981 When I bought my 1st car, gas was 50 cents a gallon.

Presently it's hovering around $3.25. It's been as high as $5 just before the crash. Our cheap energy dependent economy has suffered though high fuel prices and gouging by oil companys and their independents.

Now we are exporting the very resource we need to help get our economy back on track?

I don't get it.

whomever will pay the most will get it.

also, lets not discount the fact that the EPA has put some pretty severe limitations as far as sulfur content and the like. So we export all of the "dirty" fuel.

Isnt that #1 export inedible corn?

What about all the incentives the US govt pays to farmers to grow said inedible corn? Not very free market, if you ask me.

Seems like a terrible idea.

I heat my house with a coal stoker stove, and it was difficult to get the Black Diamonds this year. Last winter, the breaker was limiting coal truck drivers to one load -eight tons-a day, during January and February. This winter, the restrictions started in November, and may last through March. Why the problem? It's all going to CHINA! Nobody seems to know much about the details, but I'd be willing to bet the Dept. of Energy has their hands in it. How else would a mom and pop coal mine be involved with International trade? And starving, or more accurately, freezing our citizens is OK while we feed the seething Beast in the East? I didn't realize Anthracite coal was a sought-after commodity!. Don't steel making processes use Bituminous coal?

Yeah, I know...But coal? What's next? Other than running steam locomotives and heating homes, what could they possibly want with anthracite coal? Soft, or bituminous is much more plentiful, and is what the steel industry prefers. Most of what hard coal was used for, like boilers, was switched over to oil around the time of WWII. Most ships were using fuel oil during WWII, and that's why this industry went into decline, like the rest of Northeast PA. Pretty much we were the world's supplier of anthracite, and that was pretty much done by the '50's. Thanks Washington!

Back