• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

01 transmission problems

9d1awd

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 01 automatic 4X2 and i am getting a noise somewhat similar to rod knock at low rpms(less than 2000).

When i start from a stop it is loudest in first (starting in D) and half as loud in second and goes away for the most part after it gets into third BUT when i manually start from a stop in first, second, or third it makes the same noise at low rpms.

This noise is also loud when the car is decelerating and when it goes into first it is also loud at low rpms.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance

I have an 01 automatic 4X2 and i am getting a noise somewhat similar to rod knock at low rpms(less than 2000).

When i start from a stop it is loudest in first (starting in D) and half as loud in second and goes away for the most part after it gets into third BUT when i manually start from a stop in first, second, or third it makes the same noise at low rpms.

This noise is also loud when the car is decelerating and when it goes into first it is also loud at low rpms.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance

Get under the jeep and listen for the knock maybe with someone giving it a little gas. You might hear it or not. If you don't it may be only when in motion. Can be a loose torque converter bolt or maybe a bad u joint. Might also be loose exhaust hitting something under there?

sounds like its coming from near the rear of the transmission when its on the lift and running at low speeds but it is not nearly as loud as when its running on the road, it also makes the noise very slightly from the same spot when its off and you turn the rear wheels by hand

Back