• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another local XJ build...

Frank Z

NAXJA Forum User
My son's actually. He started a thread over at co4x4.org and I figured since it's an XJ there should be a few pics here too. :)

Here's what we started with. '91 Briarwood.
DCP_6066.jpg

Daniel finishing up the ZJ Disc Brake conversion.
DCP_6060.jpg

DCP_6062.jpg

New rear axle is in. It's an 8.25" with Yukon Shafts and a PowerTrax No-Slip, 4.10 gears.
DCP_6079.jpg

LongArmZ!!
DCP_6086.jpg

Preping the front axle (HP D30, Open, 4.10) for an over the axle TracBar bracket.
DCP_6087.jpg

Daniel working on the Frame side TB Bracket.
DCP_6089.jpg

HomeBrew 1 Ton Steering.
DCP_6094.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel's a lucky and smart kid! Building it right the first time - with a father that wouldn't have it any other way.

:thumbup:

Wood is good!

Mikey likey, keep the pics coming. :laugh3:

Going to add a steering stabilizer?

You dont really need a stabilizer, I have the same steering on my jeep and drove it on the street without one and didnt have any problems.

Looks great Frank! Daniel is a very lucky kid to have such a great dad!

A little word of advice on that over axle trackbar bracket...add some gusseting and bracing in it. Not sure if you remember my nightmare on the way back from Moab thread, but it VERY worth it to do it the first time around.

His rig is coming along nicely Frank.:thumbup:

Looks good Frank! :D

If you ever get bored and want another jeep to work on, I'll send you mine.:jester:

I haven't talked with the wife yet; but, I am guessing she stopped by yesterday since I couldn't reach her. I just wanted to thank you for your help and support.

Thanks

Lookin Good Frank!!! Ya bringin a tear to my eye...... can't wait for my son to get a bit older so i can do the same with him!!! :patriot:

So far:
Replaced d35 with 8.25"
4.10's
Rear PowerTrax No-Slip
YuKon Alloy Shafts
ZJ Disc Brake Conversion
4.5" RE leaf springs
Regeared front Dana30 to 4.10
Reamed knuckles and ptiman arm for Chevy TRE's
1 Ton steering
Homebrew trackbar mounts
RE Shocks
Long Arms
Rebuilt 96 4.0L
Fluid change
Removed ABS system
Installed booster, master cylinder, and proportioning valve from a 98 ZJ

Still to come:
Swap '91 NP242 for 98 NP242 w/ H&T SYE
Replace rear driveshaft
New u-joints as needed.
Install CB and Antenna
Build and install bumpers
Build and install sliders
Everything else that I'm forgetting.:eek:

Your son is really lucky to have a dad teach him this kind of stuff. I'm insanely jealous. All the work looks great. Please keep updating the with pics. :clap:

I hope to have my rear leafs in sometime before Spring hits.

Back