• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to almost kill yourself and 5 other people

xDUMPTRUCKx

NAXJA Forum User
So ya....after pulling a 3 days striaght of 14 hour night shifts at work with no sleep in between i decided to drive on down to troys straight from work.

we had intentions of lifting my wifes lil cherokee all with parts retrived from the karma section! :D :D :D ill be giving back soon.....

so ya on its 1st test drive i noticed some death wobble....took it up to 70 and it didnt go away it just got worse.

went back to troys and did a quick alignment and took it out again.....

well at about 60 mph this happened.....

image131xu6.jpg

image134ei3.jpg

arnt rotors supposed to be round?

so ya check your lug nuts when your done.....twice.

at least it didnt happen when i got onto the freeway doin 70.

think that could have possibly been the death wobble in the begging? make sure you tighten that crap......

nah i still got some, high speeds when i hit bumps.

ive got some RE uppers and lowers to throw on that will help the angles go back to normal and that should help some.

Smittty9785 said:
think that could have possibly been the death wobble in the begging? make sure you tighten that crap......

DAMN Dude, thats scary stuff right there! Glad eveeryones alright...

make sure lower control arm bolts are completly tight. make sure they are at same angle as well. that seemed to be my death wobble problem.

i forgot to mention that part! lol

that thing was still doin 50 when i had long stopped. lucky for me cars dodged it. im sayin at very least 1000 yards....probably alot more. good times!

xjjeeper19 said:
how far did the wheel roll?

You're fortunate not to have hurt anyone.. And to have found your wheel back..

Sleep Dude, Sleep.... :speepin:

Elias

sounds like quite a ride, I check my lugs religously after a close call I had, didn't lose a wheel as luckily I pulled over when I realized it was flopping around, glad you guys are ok, now get some sleep

no time for sleep.......im workin from 7 to 9 am again!

ill find my second wind one of these days

i just threw on a different rotor.

it will need a new ball joint crown nut as well.

xcm said:
out of curiosity..... did you have to replace anything besides the rotor/brake pad?

glad you and others are ok. I almost did that one time on the rear wheels but I heard it flopping around

:lecture: Note to self, Double check all work done by xDUMPTRUCKx :doh:

Glad you guys and everone around you is ok.

Rob

You suppose to keep off the brakes so that the rotor wont get flat spots.

We had a wheel sheer all the lugnuts off our old jeep trailer on the 91 (in the rain on the way to TDS) and I was following in the motorhome, the wheel rolled in front of me for 300 yards or so before it changed lanes and parked on the side of the road. Good times.

I did that once on my mustang, got halfway down the street and wondered why the car felt really wide, then really narrow... oops.

djblade311 said:
glad you and others are ok. I almost did that one time on the rear wheels but I heard it flopping around

Me too after running TABLE MESA in AZ....felt the rear wheel flopping around at 50mph, got out and it was being held on by one loose lug nut. what did I do? just took one lug off of each tire and donated it to keep that wheel on......3 years later I am still missing lugs:yelclap:

I have a full set of lugs for all 4 rims with locking key for sale. cant remember how much I paid for them

Back