• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rally Comanche

tbburg

NAXJA Forum User
I know it's not Jeepspeed, or even pre-runner, and to add insult, they're (GASP!) East-coast, but these guys do the go-fast thing with a 'manche. One of 'em is even a member here.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/member.php?u=49392
They're running a stage rally on the 8th.
If you're on Facebook, give 'em a shout.
Team Hazard Rally on Facebook

5333_101098424356_101096979356_1971326_191356_n.jpg

thats cool, i guess desert racing minus the desert, is still... racing?!?

if theyre on here, wheres tha further pics? (or is that the reason for this thread)

i remember this, there was a video too of them (if its the same guys i'm thinking of) nailing a hairpin in the woods, and hitting it way faster than the car that went before them. i'll try to find it.

edit: the link to the youtube vid is in their first post in that other thread.

Last edited:
I'm not very active here, but that's only because my job has been crazy over the past couple months, and prep work on the truck occupies the rest of my time.

However, I have a few free minutes to thank everyone for their support!

It's a fairly bone-stock 86 Comanche. We swapped in a Ford 8.8 with 3.73s and a (gasp) Trac-Lock. It works for what we need. And then minor stuff like an electric fan, open exhaust, and the 4 other mods you can do to a 2.5L. Suspension is also fairly stock at this point, with ZJ front springs, 4x4 comanche rear (it's 2wd), and Pro Comp 6000 shocks. We have plans for it for next season, but for now, this is what we have to work with.

If you guys aren't familiar with rally, you really should check it out. Open class rally cars can do 0-60 in under 5 seconds...on gravel. We aren't there yet - yet ;)

The only downside to running a truck in a series that is mostly cars??? Those that have crashed expect you to stop and yank them out of ditches! At the last event, we finished 3rd in class, but that's only because we pulled 2 guys out. Trying to bank some good karma :)

Photo albums: http://picasaweb.google.com/sureshot007

Next event is the Susquanhook Trail Performance Rally (http://www.stpr.org) June 4-5 in Wellsboro, PA. If you aren't doing anything, stop by and say hi!

A little update:

This past weekend was the Susquahanook Trail Performance Rally (stpr.org). We had a solid performance with no real problems - bent a wheel but was able to continue to service on it, and the idle stepper motor decided to rattle apart and stick at 4500 rpms (was able to remove it in a few minutes between stages). We would have had a 3rd place finish in class, but some penalties we picked up for speeding between stages added 12 minutes to our overall time and dropped us back to 5th. This puts us in a tricky spot, as we'll need a very good performance at the next event (newenglandforestrally.com) in order to have a chance at the Eastern Regional Championship title.

4671905255_5a84533068.jpg
4673127718_23380b9e10.jpg

stpr_2010_stage_13_58.jpg
28965_400686000628_695290628_4040476_4470413_n.jpg

Jeep.jpg

Ok, so I don't know if I had a complete lapse in judgment, but I thought you asked if I was going to NEFR, and that's the event I'm registered for.

LSPR is probably not in the cards for this season. After Maine, I have a new motor to go in, so I will probably be out of commission for a while as we try to figure it out.

Back