• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF SOLV Clean-up 4/17

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I know there was talk about a run to TSF on the 17th, but I wanted to make another thread for this.

This event is the largest clean-up event for TSF all year. Last year we hauled tons (literally) of garbage (camp trailer, refrigerator, washer, dishwasher, shell casings, bathroom tiles, tires, rims, mattresses, computers, monitors, etc) out from TSF. This got over early afternoon last year, and afterwards a we hit a few trails.

Hope to see a few of you out there. If anyone has a utility trailer, it would probably come in handy for this.

SOLV said:
Time: Registration at 8:30 AM, Clean-up 9:00 AM-2:00 PM

Site Address: Milepost 33 on Oregon Highway 6

Directions: Take Oregon Highway 6 West toward Tillamook. Clean-up sign-in is at milepost 33 in the ODOT Sandshed on the south side of the highway.

Meeting Location: Parking attendant will be onsite / parking area will be staffed for entire project. ODOT Sandshed at milepost 33 on OR Highway 6

Coordinator: Stephanie Beall

Contact Email: [email protected]

Contact Phone Number: 503-359-7464

Project Activities: Cleanup of dumpsites in Tillamook State Forest. This project removes 60 yards of debris and about 100 tires from state land each year. Activities include: Illegal Dumpsite Cleanup, Litter Pickup.

Safety Issues: Traffic, Steep Slopes, Homeless Camp Site, Heavy Lifting, Uneven or Slippery Ground.

Recommended Minimum Age: 10

Volunteers To Bring: Tarp, Litter Grabber, Work Boots, Rake, Work Gloves, We need pick-up trucks and trailers in which folks are willing to haul bagged garbage, scrap metal, and tires.

Two of the clean-up sites from last year.

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

Last edited:
I would love to help out with this, but my schedule of events for this weekend have already been set in stone. I had an amazing time down there over the weekend.

The more the merrier. We can never have too much help with these events.

Also, a note to those who are planning on making it. The meeting location is at the Gravel Barn off the highway, not Rogers.

Edit: I'm not sure how much wheeling I'll be up for after the event. Right now I either have a front pinion bearing going out, transfer case chain rubbing, or front axle joints going out. I've been trying to track down the problem for a week now. Not to mention I don't even have a front drive line installed right now. :banghead:

Last edited:
Wow, people never cease to amaze me. :looney:

Big thanks to Bronzewyrm and his passenger for making the trek out to go pick up trash. The two of us were assigned the stretch from Browns Camp to Lyda Camp. John and I pretty much stuck to Powerline, and hit up a few side roads along the way. I think in total we managed to pick up 12-15 garbage bags, some tomato plant cages, shot to hell computer, computer stand, vcr, boat seat, and the worst of them all... used, wet, soggy diapers! It wasn't the most enjoyable thing in the world, but I think we definitely made a difference.

Same time and same place next year!

Right on, Dustin!!! Great work guys, you've done a great job.

Wow, people never cease to amaze me. :looney:

I think in total we managed to pick up 12-15 garbage bags, some tomato plant cages, shot to hell computer, computer stand, vcr, boat seat, and the worst of them all... used, wet, soggy diapers! It wasn't the most enjoyable thing in the world, but I think we definitely made a difference.

Same time and same place next year!

i told you. they were Green soccer balls.

it was good times. my bud michael says " ill never look at another beer can on the trail the same, Ever, ever agin." lol. it was good to contribute to keeping the trails open. this was my first cleenup and now i see why theres such a need for theese.

S7305485.jpg

dustin had things crammed in every nook and crany by the time we got back.
S7305487.jpg

i still have the roofrack so i got to tow the soccer balls back... along with some other tresures.

afterwords i wanted to hit a couple trails so we ate our lunch and headded up. we hit ceder tree, did awsome! then broke off twards FB5. i got to the rock of doom and could not pass it on my own. need spotter,its hella dug out. i turned around, bypassed it. we took the next section fine.

we decided to see if we could make to over the top to the archers side of things. neer hogsback we found some deep nasty snow and could not safely make it up and over. so we decided to head out for the day.

S7305488.jpg

stoped at the dirty diper spot on powerline to air back up and found this. i guess the rock of doom wanted to jump up and say Hello. im damn glad i kept the guard. it probaly was a hardenough hit to get into the ringear w/o it.:greensmok

it was a fun , long day. made it home and passed out.
thx for leading us round dustin. cya in a couple weeks.

Bronze.

Tryed to make it out, but between the girlfrinds jeep overheating ( 2 holes in rad) and no $$$ for gas.
I'll make it out on the next one for sure.

Back