• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My floor pan rust repair/replacement pics

stephenspann27

NAXJA Forum User
I know I should probably post this in the body work forum.. but because I'm not a member I don't think I'm able to post pictures there. I'm sorry if I'm wrong..

Don't make fun of my muffler repair.. I've since replaced it. In hindsight, I should have just replaced the whole passenger pan.. however.. I was able to do this work for free.. it turned into a patch work quilt though.

IMG_1630.jpg

IMG_1631.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

IMG_1634.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

IMG_1636.jpg

IMG_1637.jpg

IMG_1638.jpg

Thanks.. it took me a little over a week working on it after work.. I Used an $84 harbor freight flux core welder.. and pieces of floor that I cut out of my parts jeep.. along with some sheet metal I bought from Lowes

Welder.. I bought about a year ago for $84..
Auto Darkening hood $45..
Angle grinder $15
Cut-0ff discs $25 .. (use Lowes Disc not Harbor Freight)
Sheet metal from Lowes $15
Sheet metal form my parts jeep $0
Roofing tar for welding seams $12
Rustoleum Spray paint $12
Tin Snips $22
At least 20-30 hrs of my labor $0
Single can of Loctite "Extend" rust treatment $9

Hurculiner $29

well I spray painted it with white rustoleum.. and ran that like that a while.. then I coated it with herculiner. Drove it like that a while but I was getting too much heat from the exhaust.. so I put down refectix insulation and carpet.. I don't have any pics of the herculiner.. but it looked darn good.. like a professional spray in liner.

Back