• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 Cherokee Dash Gauges

njrob

NAXJA Forum User
Someone PLEASE help - Have a 98 Cherokee Sport - battery was dead - jump started car and now the air bag light stays on and NONE of the dash gauges work - all are pinned to the left, gas, oil, battery, etc.

None of the above was an issue before I jump started it because they all worked and the air bag light was off even when there was just enough juice to see the dash board

Can I somehow reset this?

Thanks

You may want to have the battery checked.Sounds like your getting full voltage from the Alt.If so this can fry the ECU and other sensors.
The electrical systems on newer vehicles dont handle low or high voltages very well.
Wayne

I had a similar situation like this in my 98 XJ happen once. Somone broke into my car and stole my cd player and when they took it out the cut all the wires which i think blew the dash fuse because after that nothing on my dash worked, if i remember correctly you need to open the fuse box that is in the engine compartment and I think you need to look for a blue fuse but just in case, check all of them to see if any were somehow blown. I hope this helps.

Back