NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Comanche MJ (1985 - 1992)
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Jeep Comanche MJ (1985 - 1992) Jeep's Cherokee-based compact pickup technical forum.

Old March 17th, 2020, 07:28
NAXJA Forum User

89 Comanche DD Build

Headlight relay harness is done. All wired into my auxiliary fuse box. For now, the headlight setup is Autopal Ecodes, with Hella 100/80w H4 bulbs.

Painted the front bumper, grille and headlight surrounds satin black. Still want a 10 slot black grille. I like the chrome/ black look. Getting close to registering and hitting the road.
Old March 17th, 2020, 09:25
NAXJA Member #920

Re: 89 Comanche DD Build

The black grill/headlight doors with chrome "accents" looks good. Really freshens up the look compared to straight chrome, doesn't it?

Those autopal housings are great value - I've been running a set for something like 10 years now. Far, far better than regular sealed beams, even on factory wiring. Mine may be coming due for retirement though, starting to see the coating on the reflector bowls degrading, but they're on their original bulbs so they've only cost me about $4/year for the 10 years I've run them!
Old March 18th, 2020, 05:14
NAXJA Forum User

89 Comanche DD Build

Lined the ol girl up last night. Afterwards, I drove her home, first time on the road in 4+ years. Open header was a bit loud, but hoping to have exhaust run soon.
Old April 4th, 2020, 18:21
NAXJA Forum User

89 Comanche DD Build

The interior is slowly coming together. Waiting on headliner fabric. It was a real pain fitting all the HO XJ dash to MJ rear adapter harness, all the power window and door lock wiring, and everything else behind the driver's kick panel with the parking brake right there.

It's in need of some cleaning yet. The passenger window motor is slow, but I'll deal with that when I put new window seals in.

I hopefully have all the parts now to piece together a mashup of the original condenser and evaporator core with the 94-96 R134a compressor, accumulator and lines.
Old April 4th, 2020, 18:22
NAXJA Forum User

89 Comanche DD Build

Rewired the door lock relays to be ground triggered and added a parking light relay so that the lights can flash with the keyless entry.

The remote start/ keyless entry is installed now. It has a pretty good range.

Installed NVX 4x6 speakers in the rear. Have some cheapos to toss in the front until I figure out a component setup.
Old April 12th, 2020, 15:19
NAXJA Forum User

89 Comanche DD Build

The interior is pretty much together. I redid the headliner. It came out decent, not perfect at all but, so much better. I need to get the passenger seat cleaned up and installed and the interior will be done other than a few minor screw caps, etc.

I put the old blue visors back in for now till I can get good gray ones. You can also see the Euramtec B pillar lights, and my new footwell courtesy lights.

The AC is working well, finally got the vents working, there was some blockage in the hard vacuum line on the firewall.

Guys, it's actually getting close. Feels weird to see the list of things shrink.

Gotta figure out these axle bearings yet, but she's doing good otherwise.
Old April 13th, 2020, 18:21
NAXJA Forum User

Just bought one. getting picked up in a few days. like those wheels a lot. good job. keep up the good work
Old July 13th, 2020, 08:54
NAXJA Forum User

Great-looking truck!