NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Events > Past NAXJA Events > PAST NAXJA EVENTS > Fall Fling 2010
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Fall Fling 2010 October 5-9, 2010 in Moab, Utah

Old August 7th, 2010, 16:19
NAXJA Forum User

Open Seats?

I'd like to go, but the XJ isn't quite ready for it. So I was wondering if anyone out there had an open seat I could fill. I'd be self sufficient, I could help with gas, and I don't even mind getting out in the mud and helping with repairs/stucks. I don't even require much room. Just me and a backpack.

I figure running with someone who knows what they are doing would be a good idea before attempting it on my own. I have been wheeling for a while, but mostly mud and forested trails. I have very little rock experience.

Thanks!
Cody
Old August 9th, 2010, 20:45
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Open Seats?

I'm sure there will be plenty of seats! Just depends on what trails you want to see.
Old August 10th, 2010, 01:12
I have not Confirmed, or I used a BAD email Addy

I will be there with the orange XJ. You are welcome to navigate.
Old August 10th, 2010, 06:49
NAXJA Forum User

How do the runs work? Does everyone meet in one location, BS for a while, then split up into different groups and head out? I am looking at staying at the OK RV Park and being there Wednesday - Sunday.
Old August 10th, 2010, 09:37
Curmudgeon

I haven't been out for a few years. I do remember gathering early in the morning in the City Market parking lot, and running out to the trails from there.

"Jeeps are Cherokees. All other models are wannabes." Deb. K.
Old August 10th, 2010, 15:07
NAXJA Forum User

The last few years there have been staging areas set up for the different trails. However I don't know if that will be needed. It all depends on how many show up.

The BLM limits the number of rigs each trail can run on a particular day. It depends on the trail, each one is different. If they do it like they used to there will be a sign up sheet for each trail that is run each day. When that trail fills up, you will have to look for the next one. Then the morning of that run you will line up at the meeting place set up for that particular trail and follow the trail leader of the day until you are back to town.
Old August 10th, 2010, 19:47
I have not Confirmed, or I used a BAD email Addy

Last year we all staged up at SlickRock Campground every morning. Had to sign up for the trails there with Vince (I think was his name). That's where I will be staying at this year also. Yo Mike- You gonna be there again this year?????
Old August 13th, 2010, 07:48
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC970 View Post
How do the runs work? Does everyone meet in one location, BS for a while, then split up into different groups and head out? I am looking at staying at the OK RV Park and being there Wednesday - Sunday.
I'd suggest you try to stay at Slickrock Campground. Everything is decided from there. You will have best luck getting a seat there in the evening before or that morning. I'm happy to show you what I can & you can ride when the wife wants the day off, I often leed trails but there are more experienced drivers & mechanics than me, for sure. Come & have fun, lots of great guys, you'll have a blast. It's all about getting new guys into wheeling. These guys did it for me. Thom
Old August 16th, 2010, 21:41
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
I'd like to go, but the XJ isn't quite ready for it. So I was wondering if anyone out there had an open seat I could fill. I'd be self sufficient, I could help with gas, and I don't even mind getting out in the mud and helping with repairs/stucks. I don't even require much room. Just me and a backpack.

I figure running with someone who knows what they are doing would be a good idea before attempting it on my own. I have been wheeling for a while, but mostly mud and forested trails. I have very little rock experience.

Thanks!
Cody
It's not a problem. I'll have an open seat (and I'm sure they be others) but there will be trails stock rigs can do just fine. Come on out and join the fun. Like Thom said we'll be staying at the Slick Rock Campground and that's out home base for registration/trail signups.
Old August 16th, 2010, 23:08
NAXJA Forum User

MJR, I used to work with a girl in AK with a "Got Groceries" sticker in her window. She is on the forums too. WolfHeartAK. You know her?
Old August 17th, 2010, 15:53
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
MJR, I used to work with a girl in AK with a "Got Groceries" sticker in her window. She is on the forums too. WolfHeartAK. You know her?
Yes. I'm sure a few people were watching this, lol.
Old August 17th, 2010, 17:08
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJR View Post
Yes. I'm sure a few people were watching this, lol.
Sorry, I didn't know. lol
Old August 19th, 2010, 07:58
NAXJA Forum User

LBC970, I will also be at the OK RV Park where I workcamp. Just ask for me or find the big red XJ on 37`s, glad to meet ya and have a spare seat I`m sure. Cya then!
Old August 19th, 2010, 16:57
Admin and Member #69

It is looking good for me to be there this year, will be solo so have an open seat.

2001 4door XJ. 4.5 inch long arms, 33x12.50-15 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's, Superchips Flashpaq, bigger throttle body, AFE cold air intake, Advanced Adapters SYE, and a ton of stuff still to do on this project!
Old August 19th, 2010, 18:21
NAXJA Forum User

Thanks for all the responses guys! Since I cant possibly fill 6 open seats at once, hopefully this will be a good go to place for others looking for a seat.

Thanks again!