• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nomination for Western Slope Director

I see the Dutch boy has expressed an interest. Tom seems to think that's fine, :dunno:

There is no Northern Director, but what Tom is allowing for is a conversion of the Western Slope Director to a Director at Large position due to a lack of participation from those on the Western Slope. As such nominations are open to everybody for that position and not just those living on the Western Slope. I have stated I would be more than willing to run for that position and Mike has now nominated me for it.

lack of participation from those on the western slope? It works both ways. I know I'm not the only one to try to set something up out here, with minimal follow through from anyone on the front range

If you(Dutch) do become director, It would be great to see that change next year.

Very true man, people have a hard time showing up to gatherings in CO Springs where a big chunk of the active members are, let alone out where you guys are.

I'm not going to try to make vast promises about increasing member participation. In the end it's up to people to show up if they are able. I will say that I'll at least push for more events up north and out west. I'll also take any concerns I'm made aware of and push the issue to the BOD and try to keep those of us outside the South Denver/Springs area as well represented as possible. That said, it's up to those of us outside the main chunk of membership to actually come through in organizing and participating in events, wether they be wheeling/camping trips or social gatherings.

I'll let it known now too that I do have a training school ill be attending this spring that's just over a month long. I also have a distance learning course to complete prior to that school. I had issues in the past trying to juggle my military and family responsibilities with those of VP here. In the end my priorities are to my family and military career. I'll do my best to contribute and push as a Director on the BOD, but I won't hide my other responsibilities or priorities as such.

The BOD has offered to provide some swag and even help with other expenses in trying to get at a minimum, a M&G in Grand Junction, with no response/follow through.

To this point in time, no one local has stepped up and done anything other than talk. If anybody reading this on the Western Slope is interested, speak up.

I don't know GJ too well.. I wasn't aware there was even any decent wheeling in the area? Maybe I'm missing the point of a M&G, but it seems that if you make the effort to come out to GJ, then you might as well stick around and wheel for a day or two. With that being said, then you might as well drive the 2 additional hours into Ouray and make it one hell of an experience.

Myself- I feel pretty alienated out here from the core group here. I live about 7 hours from Denver, and 5 from GJ. I'm not in the least bit looking for sympathy or trying to put out a sob story, but I've met 2 of you- once. There's no way that I would consider throwing my name into a hat when no one knows me, and I know no one. I feel I would be very ineffective, and I have no issues whatsoever with Dutch taking the position.

I just had to do a double take when I saw Western Slope mentioned in a thread title since everything in this chapter seems to revolve around the front range. Its nothing personal, it is what it is. Since registering, I've been very surprised that there are not more folks from the SW that are active in this chapter, considering the abundance of offroading opportunities in the area, and all the lifted vehicles including XJ's I see around town and my travels.

There are a couple if good trails in the GJ area. I heard they're closing 21 Road though. I've gone there for a quick weekend trip and its very doable. We showed up Saturday, wheeled 21 Road and then did Billings Canyon Sunday before heading home. Never felt rushed and had a great time.

I'd take my XJ on Billing's Canyon and I know there are a few more trails around there or even along the way.

I am a little concerned about blame being thrown around about participation on this side of the hill. I see how the president of our chapter seems to put ALL of the blame on me. On several occasions I made attempts on the CO BOD forum to get a banner, flyers, and business cards to help promote membership and participation over here during the 4x4 show this summer. Never got such materials! I even recruited the help from a fellow member from the Sierra chapter (EricsXJ), he sent me a flyer they used at one of their events. It came in very handy and I thanked him for the help.
It sure would be nice to actually have had some follow-up from our leader instead of throwing around blame. I am expected to put out effort involving this position, fine, but no effort was ever given to support me. I am sorry about my attitude in this matter, but frankly- Attitude reflects leadership!

Back