• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Picnic 8/24 Fiesta Island on San Diego's Mission Bay

Carol.92124

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I just realized MikeDashG didn't post this already...

Technically it's a SoCalXJ.com event, but all are welcome! Bring your rig if you want, or whatever gets you there!! There will be a Potluck of sorts, bring something to share. No glass or alcohol allowed on the beach per SDPD rules, but people do get creative sometimes.

Bring well behaved kids and dogs (Fiesta Island is an OFFLEASH beach), beach toys, chairs, awnings/EZ-Ups, water toys (motorized or other), RVs, firewood, you name it. You can launch boats and water toys from the beach.

August 24th, on the west/flat side of Fiesta Island on San Diego's Mission Bay. I'll be on the sand about 6am, people often stay til the Island closes at 10pm. Great view of the Sea World Fireworks, too!

Mark your calendars now, it's always a good time!!

https://www.facebook.com/events/670668016695989/

"well behaved kids"?

Dayum.

The standards have gone up.

Is that the fault of The Varmints? Probably Varmint #2 for his circus act at the Christmas party...

Ohhhhh...beach toys. Nevermind.

Cool, thanks for the reminder. I think I'll make it this year for the first time...sans kids and dogs.

I look forward to seeing everyone! I won't have any dogs along, and who knows if a kid will show up (if so, she can drive her darn self!).

If you get lost or can't find us for some reason, I can be reached at six19 six 5 4 nine 7 five 8.

Also for those new to Fiesta Island or who have forgotten, the perimeter road is pretty flat and is great for biking, walking, running, skating/blading, etc...

T'was a great time, and a good turnout... I think about 20 "Jeepers" and their friends and families. Lovely weather, lively breeze, livelier conversations. Thanks to all that came (from as far away as Torrance, Long Beach, Rancho Cucamonga and ARIZONA), and my condolences to those of you who missed it.

We'll probably aim for a week or two earlier next year, but keep your options open for August!

Nah, we were too busy hanging out and enjoying ourselves... I took a few panoramics, but I don't think I even remember how to post a pic on here :gee:(though if I have time I'll try to remember)

In about 4ft of water. The pin holding the watch band on broke and while swimming around I didn't feel it fall off. Ryan and his friend found it, and earned a $100 reward.

Back