NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old October 8th, 2004, 12:00
NAXJA Forum User

food for thought

alrighty i was reading a couple posts about changing axles in the 30 and as i think back to the times i have pulled it apart i was wondering if any of you think that putting a plastic spacer somewhat close to the splines would help in instalation of the shaft. (here's what i'm thinking whenever you install the shaft you have to be extra carfull not to touch the splines to the tube and pick up dirt that you inturn push into the diff or seals. so instead of fighting with the shaft why not put a small spacer, smaller than the inner tube diameter on the shaft so when you slide it in it can rest on the spacer and when the axle is finaly meshed with the diff splines the spacer is not touching the housing or tubes any where.)