• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Camping in NC

wiltj

NAXJA Forum User
wasup chillings, i was wondering if any of you knew of any place to camp around Greensboro, NC. the lists of sites show places are like an hour or more away, and that there is one place right in greensboro, but its like next to a highway. drinking on the site is not a big deal, but would be nice. and any OHV trail could be fun, im trying to convert my college friends to jeepers. let me know thanks -wilt

I live in Greensboro, you can go to uwharrie, tuckertown, badin lake, high rock lake, the Dan River in Madison/Mayodan. All with in an hour away but as for a decent camping spot not really, I can tell you that off Stanley Rd. at Koger there is a little sweet spot to ride and if you go far back enough you could probably camp with a SMALL fire, you would get your ass reamed by GSOPD for starting a fire with out permit in city limits, I got caught and was threatened by 250 dollar fine. Give me a call if you want to wheel, Mike 987-2545

Mikes88xj said:
I live in Greensboro, you can go to uwharrie, tuckertown, badin lake, high rock lake, the Dan River in Madison/Mayodan. All with in an hour away but as for a decent camping spot not really, I can tell you that off Stanley Rd. at Koger there is a little sweet spot to ride and if you go far back enough you could probably camp with a SMALL fire, you would get your ass reamed by GSOPD for starting a fire with out permit in city limits, I got caught and was threatened by 250 dollar fine. Give me a call if you want to wheel, Mike 987-2545

I'm not sure i'd want to camp back there. Quite some time ago, when I was a kid I used to live in that neighborhood right behind it (if you go back to the cul-d-sac, to the right, back behind those buildings and up that hill is the neighborhood i'm talking about). My dad and I used to take his dirt bike back there back when it was all mud and dirt and the only thing back there was the theatre. All the locals used to dump their trash and anything you could think about back there....not exactly my ideal camping spot....then there's the whole illegal thing.

Theres a nice mud hole right across the street from the restaurant thats right next to the theatre...my dad and I used to take his bike back there too when I was a kid, and i've been back there in my Jeep once....but it was stock at the time, with street tires on it...not a good idea. That and, i'd be willing to bet it's not a legal spot too.

Back