• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel injectors

totalvideo2

NAXJA Forum User
ive been having a fuel leakage problem from the electrical connections on my injectors, ive replaced 2 of them already and it is still finding ways to leak out from other injectors. Should i just buy all new injectors or is there a further source to this problem

88 laredo 4door aw4 straight 6 4x4 177000

those things are notorious leakers. yank 'em all out, and replace with 5.0 mustang injectors-orange top. it's a plug and play swap, and they're easier to find and cheaper than xj injectors. plus you the get "four pintle hole" design, which may or may not be of benefit, depending on who you talk to.

those things are notorious leakers. yank 'em all out, and replace with 5.0 mustang injectors-orange top. it's a plug and play swap, and they're easier to find and cheaper than xj injectors. plus you the get "four pintle hole" design, which may or may not be of benefit, depending on who you talk to.
Are you refering to the 19lb or 24lb mustang injectors? The Pintle hole design would just effect the Spray pattern correct?

Are you refering to the 19lb or 24lb mustang injectors? The Pintle hole design would just effect the Spray pattern correct?

19lb variety, no need for the 24's unless you've got a badass stroker. yep, supposedly the finer atomization of the four hole injectors helps power and mileage, it's probably negligible though. they worked great in my renix.

You can get a set of 8 of the 19lb orange tops on Ebay for $20+ that are just pulls, or for about $100 you can get them that have been cleaned, flow checked, and have new seals.

I got mine from seller lucky7autoinjectors, and they have a warranty.

the renix are something like 18.6lb/hr. the ho's vary depending on year between 21 and 23.2, i think. dr.dyno's web link has all the info.
so your going to a smaller injector would increase fuel milage?? and the other benefit is the better spray pattern?

DON'T go smaller with the injectors. Best case, the computer puts the duty cycle at 100% to compensate for lower flow and you burn out the injectors earlier than anticipated. Worst case, lean conditions & burnt engine.
The renix-era Jeeps used 18.6 or so lbs/ hour. The 19 lb mustang injector is fine for them.
Newer jeeps very between 21 and 23.2 or so, and you want to use the 24 lb injectors on these.
The theoretic gains to be made using Mustang injectors instead of XJ injectors is that the XJ unit sprays gas from one hole, the mustang unit sprays same amount from four holes allowing a better burn. Better burn = more efficient = more power & MPG from the same amount of gas burnt.

so your going to a smaller injector would increase fuel milage?? and the other benefit is the better spray pattern?

??? wha...
the 5.0 injectors have a larger fuel flow ability than the renix. on the ho, they would indeed be smaller. that won't make any difference in gas mileage, but you could have fuel starvation issues. are you doing this on an ho? if so, use the lt1 injectors that were mentioned earlier. those work well for the later model xj's.

Im just gathering info as i have a 00 Intake manifold sitting in my shed im gonna eventually put on. I can get 24lb injectors from a JY pretty easy. i also heard the 99.5 4.0 injectors had a better spray pattern? do they spray from 4 holes also? like the 24lb ford injectors?

Ok, just for info:

OOPs! Thought I was responding to the OP.

It doesn't matter what intake you use, 24lb injectors will run too rich in your 88 Renix, period.

If you build a stroker, and use an adjustable MAP, you could probably use 24lb injectors.

The Ford (made by Bosch) 19lb orange tops have four holes in them.

Ok lol i have a 98 HO so from what im gathering the HO's need the bigger 24lb mustang injectors and the renix 4.0's can use the 19lb INj correct?

Back