• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pics from mohawk trail saturday

Nice pics.

(1) Were you in the trail rig, or the daily driver?

(2) Did you find the hammer? :)

(3) Did you run "known" trails, or did y'all find any new ones?

Eagle said:
Nice pics.

(1) Were you in the trail rig, or the daily driver?

(2) Did you find the hammer? :)

(3) Did you run "known" trails, or did y'all find any new ones?

(1) i didnt even take my own rig.. i rode shotgun for the day because the DD doesnt wheel anymore and the trail rig was missing a front axle until this afternoon...

(2) yes, we found the hammer, and i have the pic to prove it..

(3) we ran a trail that steve (BrokenXJ) has tried 3 times and never made it over the top... after winching and sawing(with a bowsaw) we got the first big tree out of the way.. after we made it to the top we found a few things , an awesome camping spot, about 7 trees all blown down across the road down the other side, another totally different road, DEEP mud, and an abandoned trail rig (the "weekend warrior" in the pics) so we turned around and went out the same way vowing to return with chainsaws and the intent to camp out and continue thru after we clear the firewood across the road..

mike

thats not me.. his name is tim, hes from Ct but i dont actuially know him myself.... they look to me like the OLYMPIC sliders that Earle has on the red 2-door...

mike

well unfortunately you all can count me out as of now... the g/f has signed up for the MSF course for that weekend so i need to be around for moral support. she wants to change the date she is taking the course but we'll see if she comes across. any other trail rides goin on up this way?
Chris

sidriptide said:
thats not me.. his name is tim, hes from Ct but i dont actuially know him myself.... they look to me like the OLYMPIC sliders that Earle has on the red 2-door...

mike

Ah you say he's from Ct! I bet there detours. I just got mine from there, they are pretty stout. I will be testing them out on the trails soon.

Thanks...

sidriptide said:
they could be from DETOURS but i dont know his products very well...

mike

This is the site Mike check it out...I paid $474 that's with shipping. I got the ones with the plug welds. Not cheap, but I wanted something very well made and these are the best I've seen. They mount to the front control arm bolt and the Rear front spring bolt and you can weld them to the unibody on the XJ if you want too threw the 4 plug weld holes.

http://www.detoursusa.com/xjunireinforcer.html

Doug...

mark at DETOURS makes some good stuff but last time i saw him i didnt climb under to look at his rails.. i will likely see him on the upcoming holiday weekend so i need to do some under-XJ recon..

mike

damnit, I live so close to you guys (within 20-30 minutes of western mass) and I never hear about these trips til after. I want to get out with the xj so bad it hurts. I also have a chain saw if you ever need to do trail maintainance let me know. Arrgg, the local jeep club does lots of trips but most are too hard for my xj and my yj is still being fixed. I need to wheel!!!

Mark

xj2k said:
damnit, I live so close to you guys (within 20-30 minutes of western mass) and I never hear about these trips til after. I want to get out with the xj so bad it hurts. I also have a chain saw if you ever need to do trail maintainance let me know. Arrgg, the local jeep club does lots of trips but most are too hard for my xj and my yj is still being fixed. I need to wheel!!!

Mark

read the forums more often... :anon:

mike

Tim's rocker guards are from Tomken. I have the same set. They absolutely will not bend, I know this because my rockers have been completely flattened, and now I call they door guards :)

Back