• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake Question

rws

NAXJA Forum User
When I installed my lift kit a couple of months ago I did a complete brake job on the front including flex hoses, calipers, and pads and flushed the system. Now every so-often my front brakes are hot and start to smell, they tend to be dragging. I jacked the front of the truck up and spun the front wheels when the brakes were both hot and cold, there tends to be a bit of friction as though the brakes are not completely releasing. I did grease the caliper slide pins and I am wondering if the master cyclinder is screwing up. I am stumped as to what is causing this. Any opinions??????

Are you certain the calipers were for the correct year? There were very slight changes to the front hubs and calipers at a couple of pointes during XJ production, and if ALL the components aren't coordinated, things aren't centered up properly.

Back