• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Rear armor for the cut n fold

I tried to contact Flop Shop. No answer. I ordered the Rusty's bare finish. Also, not the fuel line cover is extra. $95 extra. One reason I order it over the cut and fold, is one side has a lot of rust.

I tried to contact Flop Shop. No answer. I ordered the Rusty's bare finish. Also, not the fuel line cover is extra. $95 extra. One reason I order it over the cut and fold, is one side has a lot of rust.

Yeh, I havent gotten a reply since I sent them an email on 4/23. Thats crazy on the fuel line for the Rustys, such a ripoff. Thats what I liked about the flop shop setup was it was so much cheaper, included the cover, and it wrapped around front and back vs just the outside on the Rustys.

I did nearly finish on one side the Rusty's install. I did not like their instructions. As I read their instructions, is to chop off the bottom, then install their plate. I would see that there would be water and dirt intrusion. I did a cut and fold, then installed the Rusty's plate. I need to drill about 4 holes on the back side, then 2 more for the fuel tube cover. I did miss align that side. So, I need to figure out the seams for the fuel tube pocket. The other side, I need to make a patch, as the metal really rusted out the past year.
I was thinking of doing say a boat side on the rear, on my next project. Call it a boat tail.

Back