• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New injectors

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
The injectors I ordered from Five O Motor sports came today.

The new o-rings are already in place on all of them.

I read in other posts to soak the o-rings in fuel before installing. Should I take them off and do that? I seem to remember someone else rubbing them with petroleum jelly or something before seating them.

Anyone have recommendations?

Vaseline works great.

old_man said:
Vaseline works great.

x2 on the last 2 sets I replaced

. . . and confirmed by a mechanic friend too. Leave the o-rings in place, and if you are a little to "generous", once you crank it up, the fuel will dissolve the extra with no problem.

I did it 2 years ago this February, I think. I squirted them down with tranny fluid from a pump oil can. I used the Ford rings - they were much easier than Jeep's and didn't rip or snag in 40 degree weather. No leaks yet.

I did 3 injectors 4yrs ago(only 3 were leaking on the body) but did all the o-rings at the time. I coated them in dish soap and everything popped together great. Wasn't too keen at the time about using any sort of petroleum product on them. Wasn't sure if they would swell or not. So far 4yrs and no leaks.

Back