• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

In about 2 hours........

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Utah is gonna get "barbaric" on Rodney Lee Gardner........... :yelclap:

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20100615/US.Utah.Firing.Squad/?cid=hero_mainlink2

"If someone hates me for 20 years, it's going to affect them," Gardner said. "I know killing me is going to hurt them just as bad. It's something you have to live with every day. You can't get away from it. I've been on the other side of the gun. I know." -Rodney Lee Gardner

B.S. his victim's families will rest easy I'm betting.

I like this method, much cheaper than injection and gas. Unless we start hucking the bastards off cliffs it will not get any more efficient, and even then we would have to figure in gas costs.

Good riddance... he asked for it, he deserved it, he got it.

Thats gotta be a typo, it would sound better with bullet instead of blank.

"One was loaded with a blank so no one knows who fired the fatal shot. Sandbags"
They did say a barrage of bullets...can't get a barrage if only one is firing a live round.

I saw multiple bullet pockmarks in the backdrop, so I'm guessing the newsies got it right for once.

They did say a barrage of bullets...can't get a barrage if only one is firing a live round.
Unless they counted wax rounds as bullets. They sometimes put wax in the blanks to give them more recoil so a good shooter cannot tell the difference between a live round and the blank.

I saw multiple bullet pockmarks in the backdrop, so I'm guessing the newsies got it right for once.

Ah didn't catch that one. I would rather have 4 blanks and 1 live round. Less mess to clean up in the end.

god i hope they use this method more often now

Why waste the ammo? Use a rope! How many people can we hang with just one good rope?:hang:

i dunno, im malaysia theft is rare cuz they are afraid of losing their hands...

maybe we start shooting murderers instead of housing and feeding them til they kick the bucket less people will be inclined to commit a crime like that...

i dunno, im malaysia theft is rare cuz they are afraid of losing their hands...

maybe we start shooting murderers instead of housing and feeding them til they kick the bucket less people will be inclined to commit a crime like that...

/\ this.

I'd wager it would tighten up the judicial system, too, since people know what's at stake.

lose = dead

rather than

lose = jail cell with cable

Too much ruckus over nothing. It's not like they were executing someone who wasn't guilty. The guy seemed proud of his accomplishments and "picked his poison" as it were.

I have to believe that the death penalty never prevented a single murder. We don't have it and I think the murder rates are about the same per capita.

Never the less...
I would like to see Wisconsin pick it up as an option.

It seems to me that prison was originally meant to reform, not to be a storage facility. We currently spend too much money and time housing people who either shouldn't be in prison long term in the 1st place (petty crime) or housing for a lifetime those who can never be reformed and should be taken out and shot like the dogs they are.

Ron

I have to believe that the death penalty never prevented a single murder. We don't have it and I think the murder rates are about the same per capita.
To which I would like to quote the character Daniel 'One drop' Trooper(the hangman), from the novel "Going Postal", by Terry Pratchett, on the subject of the effect of capital punishment on crime:
"Well, in the generality of things, I'd say it's hard to tell given that it's hard to find evidence of crimes not committed, but in the specificality, sir, I'd say it's very efficacious.
Meaning, I've never seen someone up here (on a gallows) more then once, sir"

It seems to me that prison was originally meant to reform, not to be a storage facility.
No, reform is a product of the enlightenment of the last half of the 20th century. Prison was originally meant as a punishment. The idea was to make it unpleasant enough that the criminal would go to great pains to avoid another trip to the slam.

This is what bugs me about this whole debate, people always get this wrong:

Prison - meant to be unpleasant. It is basically a holding tank for people who have shown that they can't operate in polite society by that societies' rules. It should be bad enough to discourage a return trip.

Death Statutes - these are not punishment, and the term "penalty" is misleading. We put criminals to death because they have demonstrated either through repeated acts or single heinous acts, that they are unfit for society and should be removed permanently. Executions are a solution for the threats displayed to the rest of society, not a penalty for the criminal.

im not morally for or against the death penalty, and i could care less how they do it, as long as it's not torture.

but you gotta admit, mistakes are made under our justice system, we couldnt convict OJ or MJ.

Untill we can get our justice system a little more accurate, lets leave the death penalty to less civilized people.

people get released after serving 10+ years, for stuff DNA later proved they didnt do, they dont get their 10 years back, how the hell are we gonna reverse a death penalty!

lets be sure in our justice system first, THEN talk about the death penalty.

the same people who spout off about the death penalty not being used enough, also beleive OJ and MJ were 'guilty as shit'. if a system cant prove these guys guilty, how can you have faith in it when your life is in its lame, fumbling hands?

Back