• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1999 zj towhooks?

Hiaboo

NAXJA Forum User
where can I find tow hooks or a tow hook kit for a zj and what would it entail? I'm assuming from what I see you need a bracket but I'm not sure. It's for a friend who has a 1999 limited. TIA

ZJ's were last made in '98... a '99 Grand Cherokee would be a WJ. Both being unibody like the XJ, it is safe to assume there would be a required bracket kit available from Mopar or other aftermarket suppliers.

Shoot dave at AEV an email, he builds WJ's and might know whats available. For sure the dealer has them, they are part of the 'cross country' package which also has a rear hook. Hold on to your wallet though I'm thinking that kits gotta be wopper...

Yeah I kinda figured that out after I looked up on the jeep stuff and was like whoops.. WJ not ZJ.. *shrug* yeah, brackets. we went to the stealership and wow.. quite expensive the hooks alone were like 100 bucks vs 12 bucks for the xj heeh.. but have to get the brackets, etc. I'll give dave a email, but if I knew what AEV was. :)

Back