NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Events > Past NAXJA Events > PAST NAXJA EVENTS > NAC-FEST '05
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

NAC-FEST '05 June 9,10,11,12 2005 PARAGON AP Hazelton, PA

Old June 7th, 2005, 11:52
NAXJA Forum User

PA fishing

Thought I might sneak some fishing in since I'd never fished PA before. You guys are brutal to out of state fishermen. $43 for 7 day license and $35 for a 3 day, that includes a trout stamp. I thought MA was high at $23.50 for 3 day and $37.50 for the year. Think I'll pass. . .
Old June 7th, 2005, 12:50
NAXJA Forum User

Re: PA fishing

For years, I've been a proponent of a federal fishing license that would be valid in any state. I feel your pain, it makes fishing vacations unattractive.
Old June 7th, 2005, 14:36
On a Time Out

damn if I knew that you were up for that ..........I can fish the NY and PA side of the delaware with just the ny license, however far enough upstream and you need a nyc reservoir permit as well....there are some great streams in the poconos if you like trout, but I gotta agree that the tag for it is kind of steep. same in NY State or anywhere else tho, out of state fishing/hunting license fees are very steep.
Old June 7th, 2005, 15:01
NAXJA Member # 101

Think i paid $28 for a 3 day in Maine this past August.

PA has been having it's problems the last few years, were even importing most of the "put and take" Trout. Seems we can buy and transport trout from NC cheaper than maintaining our own hatcheries.

My son has recently been bitten with the Fly fishing bug and has been having good success on the Little Lehigh as of late, but it's starting to taper off as the water warms.

I'll be fishing off Lake Erie come Thanksgiving week. Steelhead run..