NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > North Atlantic Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

North Atlantic Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Old October 21st, 2019, 16:12
NAC VP

Re: RocktoberFest '19 - Oct. 25-27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy in Pa. View Post
Hey guys, I am looking for somewhere to crash as well. I have not even looked at the XJ yet, plan to do that later this week. I will probably come up Friday evening, so if someone has a bunk for me to crash in Friday and Saturday nights, that would be great!!

A.
You can always spoon chris...
Old October 21st, 2019, 17:42
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy in Pa. View Post
Hey guys, I am looking for somewhere to crash as well. I have not even looked at the XJ yet, plan to do that later this week. I will probably come up Friday evening, so if someone has a bunk for me to crash in Friday and Saturday nights, that would be great!!
There should be extra bunks in mine if you are still looking
Old October 21st, 2019, 19:44
NAXJA Forum User

I'm out as of right now. Unless someone that has HPTuners near Poughkeepsie can help me out. Jeeps down with computer issues.
Old October 22nd, 2019, 12:52
NAXJA Member

FYI folks. Anthracite has a food vendor on site. Kelsea's Kitchen. They open at 8am Friday and Saturday and do breakfast til 11am. They start lunch at 11am. Friday til 2pm, Saturday til 4:30.
Old October 22nd, 2019, 17:30
PSR Fire Marshall

Location: Upstate NY-live; Death Valley-play; Hawaii-working on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehall View Post
I expect to have an empty bunk. Bring your own bedding.
Bedding is in my car. Thank you for the hospitality; Iíll make it right with you.

David Bricker/ SYR-SWF
Gomer - '95 XJ, 2 dr. 4.6L Russ Pottenger Stroker; Novak TJ AX-15; Black Box 2.72:1 + 241OR 4:1; RockJock 60 Front, hydro assist, Hi-steer; D60 trussed and shaved rear; 4.56 ARB Front and Rear; Black Magic discs, Bilstein 7100s front and rear; 35s; PRP seats; Warn PowerPlant winch, hybrid cage. Annd, the Faux Dorkle is gone.
National Treasurer 2013-2021
Not a member? Become one today, and help support YOUR club.
Old October 22nd, 2019, 17:39
PSR Fire Marshall

Location: Upstate NY-live; Death Valley-play; Hawaii-working on it

Somehow, it appears that a significant number of a variety of beers sneak into my rental carís trunk when I wasnít looking. So, those interested in doing a tasting on Friday, Iíve got the product, just need the location. Anyone got a suitable spot?

Note to the unfamiliar with the beers I bring: this ainít your usual Curs Light stuff.

David Bricker / SYR-SWF
Gomer - '95 XJ, 2 dr. 4.6L Russ Pottenger Stroker; Novak TJ AX-15; Black Box 2.72:1 + 241OR 4:1; RockJock 60 Front, hydro assist, Hi-steer; D60 trussed and shaved rear; 4.56 ARB Front and Rear; Black Magic discs, Bilstein 7100s front and rear; 35s; PRP seats; Warn PowerPlant winch, hybrid cage. Annd, the Faux Dorkle is gone.
National Treasurer 2013-2021
Not a member? Become one today, and help support YOUR club.
Old October 22nd, 2019, 17:53
NAXJA Member

Carol & Rich do yall need anything or any help Ben & I are coming up thursday can be there as early as lunchtime if needed
Old October 22nd, 2019, 19:03
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock2pus View Post
You can always spoon chris...
lol.

I'm still wrangling my Iceland trip, had a surprise snow that set the timeline back a bit.

If all goes well I'll still be at Twin Grove on Friday evening sometime, probably no buggy though damn Dodge blew a brake line when I was getting it over to move the trailer before I left, and I doubt I can fix (and bleed) that in time.

hey David Bricker - that one's for you, would love to do some tasting stuff Friday night

I have one of the tent sites reserved as usual, will either be sleeping in my BMW or tenting it depending on weather, if there's space to jump in on Saturday I'll certainly join, don't need it much as I'll have my camera and prefer to just walk most of the interesting stuff anyway. But regardless (and unless I'm stuck in northern Iceland) I'll be there for the dinner on Saturday.

I feel you guys with the employment/job restrictions. They closed my office mid-September so this has been my time to say ****it all and cross some shit off the list. We'll talk more this weekend hopefully, if I make it back from Iceland little Nissan NV200 diesel campervan with a 6-speed manual has been a great travel companion and I can't blame it for the weather we've got the last two days, but the tire situation is a different story...more on that when we chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparManiac
I spent plenty of time farting
Old October 23rd, 2019, 11:59
NAXJA Member #920

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteboy View Post
I feel you guys with the employment/job restrictions. They closed my office mid-September so this has been my time to say ****it all and cross some shit off the list. We'll talk more this weekend hopefully, if I make it back from Iceland little Nissan NV200 diesel campervan with a 6-speed manual has been a great travel companion and I can't blame it for the weather we've got the last two days, but the tire situation is a different story...more on that when we chat.
Sorry to hear about the job, Chris.
Old October 23rd, 2019, 13:33
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Mayercik View Post
Sorry to hear about the job, Chris.
Don't be, I'm not

They relocated our production and inventory down to Charlotte about 2.5 years ago to merge with another facility, and for those of us who didn't want to relocate we leased a small office for sales & engineering support here in NJ. I knew it was a matter of time before they decided they could be self-sufficient out of Charlotte so I've been planning this for a while, almost left on my own several times. So financially it's not a problem at all and the fact that it comes from their side means I got a fairly generous severance package and continuing benefits through COBRA for quite a while.

The only surprising thing for me was how easily I was able to (mentally) wash my hands of everything and say, no longer my problem in my opinion they were not ready to make this move yet, but that's worth what they're paying me for it these days.

Made it to Reykjavik tonight with no issues, flying home tomorrow. Should see y'all Friday some time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparManiac
I spent plenty of time farting
Old October 23rd, 2019, 13:36
NAXJA Member

Last Day to register for dinner.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/naxja-n...ts-73762548769

Reminder, paid members are Free but any additional or non-paid members are $15 per person. We just need a head count so registering is Greatly appreciated!!

FyI, I'm good Doug, thanks for the offer. This one is an easy one. Not sure what Rich, Ben & Eric will need though. Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Old October 23rd, 2019, 15:10
NAC VP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie View Post
Carol & Rich do yall need anything or any help Ben & I are coming up thursday can be there as early as lunchtime if needed
I'll second Carol, Doug, we have a good bit of it squared away already. I won't be there til some time Thursday afternoon, works been hell.
That said, I have a ridiculous amount of nice firewood for anyone who desires it at their site. I can run it down after I get there. So speak up if you want some, I need room in the truck .
Rich
Old October 23rd, 2019, 16:33
NAXJA Member

If anyone needs to, I have an extra bunk in our cabin. Am arriving late thursday 9ish and checking out on sunday. Either text or message me on facebook. 610-333-0740 Vic
Old October 23rd, 2019, 16:35
NAXJA Member #920

I'll be rolling into camp tomorrow afternoon myself, there a particular spot folks will be gathering at to hang out?
Old October 24th, 2019, 07:56
NAXJA Member #180

I know this is TOTALLY last minute, but does anyone have some factory front coil springs that you still consider "in good shape" that you can bring along? They are for Amys MJ. She has what I think are sagged TJ springs in the front. Could also use front sway bar links (factory) and front bump stops if you have them.