NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Colorado Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Colorado Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 144 votes, 4.89 average. Display Modes
Old October 16th, 2019, 08:38
NAXJA Forum User

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Anyone know of a place that sells epoxy paint readily available? I've never looked for such a thing locally before.

Thanks
Old October 18th, 2019, 18:41
NAXJA Member

Sweet ...Fedex has dropped off the new axles...lol... I'm stoked to have axles with brakes I no longer fear heavy traffic.
Old October 20th, 2019, 13:34
NAXJA Member

Lost my work Semi to a drunk driver heading North in the South bound I -25 right about the 205 university.I tried to steer to the median but couldn't avoid her luckily she had no passengers so while I couldn't completely miss her the impact was mostly passenger side . She broke my steer axle leaf hangers sending yhe steers under the cab so I ended up sailing straight into the center divider with no steering ...lol... luckily I don't wrap my thumbs around the steering wheel. The Pete's frame was cracked at all cross members and the main rails twisted...dpf sitting mid highway . The Kia forte looked like a beer can the motor sitting middle of i25 the driver had not one visible scratch ...I myself have a few very stiff body parts, but I don't think I need to call The Strong Arm ...hopedully this chick learns a lesson from nearly dying had I not steered left she'd not be so lucky . Now I'm taking one of my vacation weeks off going to get my trailer ready and wheel something...lol...I was goimg to use that extra week to cash out for a mishimoto trans cooler and deep sump .
Old October 20th, 2019, 17:33
NAXJA Member

This is what's left of the drunk drivers Kia Forte who hit me going the wrong way on the interstate. Despite how this looks she had not a mark on her at the scene .imagejpeg950.jpg

imagejpeg951.jpg
Old October 20th, 2019, 19:29
NAXJA Forum User

Damn man, glad your both ok. Hope she keeps some pictures to remember that.
Old October 20th, 2019, 20:10
NAXJA Member

WOW!
Old October 21st, 2019, 12:31
NAXJA Member

Ouch man! Glad you're all good
Old October 21st, 2019, 13:45
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippled View Post
Ouch man! Glad you're all good

Lol... I should be wearing a neck brace and using a cane practicing that hopeless look of pain and discomfort you see on most ambulance chaser commercials. Injuries plus PTSD ... could have just financed a nice hemi swap into the xj ;-)
Old October 21st, 2019, 13:58
NAXJA Member

I had picked up a set of steel 16 inch trailer wheels for $50 , but looking on Fle-bay I found some nice looking sets of new ...most likely Chinaco Aluminum alloy trailer wheels beimg sold . They are load rated for 2800+ just like most 15 inch steel wheels. Is there any reason to avoid Aluminum wheels here other than the need for a bit more cleaning ? These will look so much better than steel wheels which the only reason I want them.
Old October 27th, 2019, 14:58
NAXJA Member

Trailer is about done needs a bit of cosmetic finish metal work and all the lights ran down the bed rails. Waiting on the set of blingy Aluminum wheels for the new axles and load range E tires... I bought steel wheels but decided to bling up the new axles. I will no longer fear emergency stops with both axles having 12x2 brakes vs the old 3500lb idler axles of death.

Was going to redeck with 1/8th diamond sheet ,but that has to weigh a ton compared to just slapping on some new kiln dried lumber...I still want to be able to pull the steep side of Eisenhower at 75mph .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191027_132840.jpg (87.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 20191027_132827.jpg (80.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 20191027_132750.jpg (84.2 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by 1-tonxj; October 27th, 2019 at 15:04.
Old October 27th, 2019, 18:34
NAXJA Member

Steel decking just to cover the main 76x180 inch area between the c channel and the used section of my deck ...lol... weighs 485 lbs per the weight calculator, so decision made for kiln dried lumber .
Old October 29th, 2019, 09:30
NAXJA Forum User

Has anyone ever had sheet metal Cnc cut? Is it pricy?
Old October 29th, 2019, 09:45
NAXJA Member

[QUOTE=4x4JeePmaNthINg;246667110]Has anyone ever had sheet metal Cnc cut? Is it

I'd bet having a shop cut you one off pieces is going to be pricey. I know one shop that cut some plate up for a random person and they were talking about what they charged for the job...lol... It was not reasonable. I guess if it's something you have have cut that way you have no choice .
Old October 29th, 2019, 22:23
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4JeePmaNthINg View Post
Has anyone ever had sheet metal Cnc cut? Is it pricy?
What is it for. Are you looking for plasma laser or water. Thickness? Do you have a file created or will they need to make one for you. Timeframe. ETCETCETC
Old October 29th, 2019, 22:45
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-tonxj View Post
Lost my work Semi to a drunk driver heading North in the South bound I -25 right about the 205 university.I tried to steer to the median but couldn't avoid her luckily she had no passengers so while I couldn't completely miss her the impact was mostly passenger side . She broke my steer axle leaf hangers sending yhe steers under the cab so I ended up sailing straight into the center divider with no steering ...lol... luckily I don't wrap my thumbs around the steering wheel. The Pete's frame was cracked at all cross members and the main rails twisted...dpf sitting mid highway . The Kia forte looked like a beer can the motor sitting middle of i25 the driver had not one visible scratch ...I myself have a few very stiff body parts, but I don't think I need to call The Strong Arm ...hopedully this chick learns a lesson from nearly dying had I not steered left she'd not be so lucky . Now I'm taking one of my vacation weeks off going to get my trailer ready and wheel something...lol...I was goimg to use that extra week to cash out for a mishimoto trans cooler and deep sump .
My mom was involved in a similar incident a few years ago, one lesson we learned is to go to the hospital, urgent care, etc. as much as you can after the accident. If something hurts 10 years down the road from it, you can get compensation if you can prove you had some sort of injury in the incident, if not it's on you. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk