• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Yeah, "political correctness" was the newspeak when I was taking classes. I took political science for the social studies credit. It was taught by a 25 year old PHD from Berkeley. She did very much have, and profess, a political bias.

My daughter just graduated from Metro with a Criminal Justice degree. She would come home from school with a swollen tongue, from biting it, as she was sometimes the only Center / Center Right person in her classes. :wow:

When's the last time you were in/on/around a campus?

ha probably close to as long as you.

I guess professor specific youll Definitely get a bias, but as a collective whole of the college? Ide hope not at least. Idk, not my experience I suppose, to each there own.

went for a cruise this afternoon and seem to have gotten my ARB stuck on engaged. This thing has been an odd system over the years. makes me wonder if a detroit wouldve been better. oh joy

ha probably close to as long as you.

I guess professor specific youll Definitely get a bias, but as a collective whole of the college? Ide hope not at least. Idk, not my experience I suppose, to each there own.

Probably not :laugh:

Worked for CSU the last 4.5 year until I was able to get my out early April.

Also currently working though a Masters.

And I live in Fort Collins, and am on campus...often enough.

To say it, and most colleges aren't all that biased...well...you'd be a wee bit off track :D

It came to a point I just immediately deleted any emails that came from the University President.

How bad of an idea is it to roll with a drive shaft that was some what over compressed and doesn’t willingly extend?

Part of me wants to just send it and let it.... ya know “clearance itself”. Mostly because redoing this hodgepodge front end has been a horrific nightmare and I need to do the seals on the 9” before I can sleep at night. 100$ press to use once every 3 years? Sigh..

Then I can focus on hydraulic assist.... hell maybe one day I’ll even wheel the god damn thing!

To say it, and most colleges aren't all that biased...well...you'd be a wee bit off track :D

It came to a point I just immediately deleted any emails that came from the University President.

My wife works for CSU and rolled her eyes when I mentioned it... the president is a female and in her opinion has been very neutral, aside from having a rock solid stance on equality for all walks of life, gender, race, sexual orientation etc... I guess these days that makes someone a libtard snow flake eh?

Crazy. My view might be skewed with my wife on the diversity committee though

Last edited:

My wife works for CSU and rolled her eyes when I mentioned it... the president is a female and in her opinion has been very neutral, aside from having a rock solid stance on equality for all walks of life gender, race, sexual orientation etc... I guess these days that makes her a libtard snow flake eh?

Crazy. My view might be skewed with my wife on the diversity committee though

I'd actually say Joyce McConnel has been far more middle ground the Tony Frank came off as. However, that neutral stance, has "pissed off" a lot of people in the academic area, especially in the realm of free speech.

However, much of the rest of CSU is very much NOT an area to speak your mind, should you swing anywhere from centric-right, to general right. CSU claims to accept, and be open to diversity.

However, they showed and show daily, that their open to diversity, so long it it agreed with certain beliefs.

A general example...try talking to coworkers or many general CSU stuff about owning a firearm, having a hobby that involves a firearm, or that you think the Second Amendment is one that should be left to exist.

Most don't since they enjoy having a paying job.

Huh... again the guys I know in the different trades departments must’ve been different... I mean not that they were going to Trump rallies, but I’ve hunted and gone shooting with a couple dudes... including my brother in law who works there and has quite a few guns.

All depends on who you talk to I’m sure. You can get 2 totally different views from 2 very different experiences. Isn’t that life though?

sincerely good for you on the masters endeavor, that's some extra beans to count for sure, whats the concentration if you don't mind my asking?

I wouldn't argue the political stance of a college to not being biased from those who "Run it"(to whom aims funds), but to those that actually teach and of those that influence young adults. I haven't been more so pressed to one side or the other when I was in school. CSUs' green all around approach wouldn't surprise me, but do you think the professors hold to this bias?

:gee:

Huh... again the guys I know in the different trades departments must’ve been different... I mean not that they were going to Trump rallies, but I’ve hunted and gone shooting with a couple dudes... including my brother in law who works there and has quite a few guns.

All depends on who you talk to I’m sure. You can get 2 totally different views from 2 very different experiences. Isn’t that life though?

I worked with many of those type of folks, as my title was technically Facilities and Operations, though I was really Engineering and Validation. There are many that do that sort of thing, but don't openly talk about it at work, unless they're around people they know they can. You're talking the trades departments..."blue" collar people...the people I (and many here) get along with the best.

However, you often wouldn't "open up" to anyone outside those areas, or with unknown people present, since you never knew how other company in your presence might take it.

We had a new person start not too long before I left. She had a Glock Lanyard. Quite literally the first thing out of my mouth...to myself...with no one else in the trailer...was "that's sure brave to wear/have at your desk".

I was a student there, worked there, and am once again a student there. I have had and have known many people who have and still work for the University with a range of political beliefs. However, only those leaning a certain direction would say that they felt open and able to speak their opinions to most anyone in the University. My wife work for CSU at the Vet Teaching Hospital, and she'll 100% say the exact things I have.

There have actually been papers published on it, wish I could find the one I read last. It was basically outlining, with real numbers per research done, the level of self-suppression of beliefs in academic (e.g. College/University) setting based on personal and political beliefs. Several notes that the self-suppression due to fear of retribution was creating even greater echo chambers, and not creating a place of diversity, inclusion, positive discussion, and intellectual and self reflective thought.

I'm not right or left leaning...I disdain both "sides" really.

sincerely good for you on the masters endeavor, that's some extra beans to count for sure, whats the concentration if you don't mind my asking?

I wouldn't argue the political stance of a college to not being biased from those who "Run it"(to whom aims funds), but to those that actually teach and of those that influence young adults. I haven't been more so pressed to one side or the other when I was in school. CSUs' green all around approach wouldn't surprise me, but do you think the professors hold to this bias?

:gee:

Going for my Masters in Engineering - Engineering Management. Not quick by any means, especially now that I'm having to mostly pay for it (~$1100 PER credit hour). Once this one is done, might pursue a Masters in Systems Engineering, then possibly an MBA after that.

The bias I've noticed over the years (been in/around/part of CSU since 2006) heavily depends on your major as well. Many of the STEM's are pretty centric, probably because no one has time to really waste with things that aren't related to getting though school. Engineers are usually too busy either drowning in school work, drowning themselves in booze, working on their own projects at home, or chasing tail...usually in that exact order.

Get into other majors...and holy hell can it be biased.

Took a psychology ethics something or other course in my undergrad. Let's just say you better just go ahead and agree with whatever the professor thought.

I've known plenty of people across the country in different schools, where when it came to writing a paper...if you were a conservative...just learn to turn it off for that class/classes.

Someone put it real well one time (ironically from Utah): Being non-left leaning in many/most Universities is like being non-Mormon in many parts of Utah. :laugh:

Well the autopsy report on George Floyd indicates he didn't die from asphyxiation but rather had pre existing heart condition and most likely died from panic attack ... So this probably won't age well with the MOB because this means the officer didn't murder George Floyd but the MOB will be calling for blood . They need to just call for Marshall law in these cities and just squelch the riots now in their tracks.

Well a 2nd autopsy report puts the death back to being asphyxiation... still my view on this is that it's cop who went too far and an unknown at this point as to how the victim ended up to the point of being on ground , but none of that is racist unless the cops did what they did for racial reasons, which I haven't seen any thing to substantiate that I mean the victim being black doesn't make for that substantiation I itself, so I still think the protests in the name racial reasons is not valid. If some more info came out maybe I could see it but as it sits I don't see it for that .

...and that’s the problem.

Got the new cables from jeep cables... pur them on last night just as it started to rain I got everything on but the driver side ground b4 the lightning show so I decided to stop since standing up on a ladder in an open lot wasn't the best risk to reward ratio here. Now I just need to get a bigger alternator . I don't need a 400 amp unit now since the two 3000w class d amps and two 15s aren't going to be going in ...lol... they'll be sitting in my closet for awhile since they were a bad idea since they box plus sub woofers weighed just over 400lbs ...my fat girl didn't need her kankles to get any bigger ...But I did get the 1/0g option just in case she gets bigger kankles .

but none of that is racist unless the cops did what they did for racial reasons, which I haven't seen any thing to substantiate that I mean the victim being black doesn't make for that substantiation I itself, so I still think the protests in the name racial reasons is not valid. If some more info came out maybe I could see it but as it sits I don't see it for that .

I mean is the only difference between stereotyping and racism a klan mask? It's still passing judgment on someone based on looks. Cops stereotype simple as that. Show me someone who says they don't and I'll show you a liar. I get why cops stereotype but again becomes the problem especially in circumstances like this. They "think" someone could be violent and possibly for good reason....but the job they signed up for was to serve and protect, not stereotype and neglect.

As someone with a darker complexion I can tell you any time I have to deal with cops I get a very uneasy feeling regardless of me reporting something or being pulled over. It's because of all the crap I've had to put up with them. I'm not saying I'm out committing crimes but even a traffic stop I get hosed (seriously I've only ever been let off once with a warning for going 7 over). Prime example, I had an incident 10 years ago in downtown. Friend was booted from a club and caused a scene. Cops ended up getting called. I stayed away from the mayhem but sure enough got arrested and detained for a day all because "I seemed out of place". All my friends all white bread crackers and there's me. There was a group of us, about 15 and 4 were arrested. The one who got booted, another who caused the ruckus, another who shoved a security guy and me standing on the corner. DA dropped my case and gave me credit for time served. Another time at a house party cops show up, owner refused to let the cops in so they started trying to go around the back and get inside. Banging on doors and bring out the dogs. We'll one dumb drunk ass started freaking out and opened the door to run away, he get's tackled and cops come flooding in. I scatter because cops are slamming people and tazing fools. Again arrested and detained without me doing ANYTHING other than walking away. Charged with loitering and evading arrest. Come to find out they mistook our party for another in the neighborhood that had an anonymous tip of possible weapons and heavy drug use, no actual proof and evidence. Charges again dropped. The list goes on. True I wasn't beat down and left bloody but my faith in cops is 0. I avoid them at all cost.

If you don’t see the protests as valid, then yes you are part of the problem. Sorry but it’s the truth. The murderous cop has priors and like 17 complaints filed on him- why is he still in a position to abuse his power?
There are good cops for sure, and bad. Fact is racial injustices happen and don’t stop with the popo. If you don’t see it you are likely white. I’m Irish American with some Hispanic and from NM, where I was the minority as a white person in Hispanic neighborhoods. I’ve had a taste of inequality even through employers... but life as a man of color in white america I do not. That’s what the protests are about... that we are not all equal here yet. And people need to listen and learn, especially white people who “see no problems”.

The looting and general anarchy is whack af and distracting from the message. Massive amounts of reports of “out of towners” “anarchists” and appears to be majority white. That too is wrong.

If you don’t see the protests as valid, then yes you are part of the problem. Sorry but it’s the truth. The murderous cop has priors and like 17 complaints filed on him- why is he still in a position to abuse his power?
There are good cops for sure, and bad. Fact is racial injustices happen and don’t stop with the popo. If you don’t see it you are likely white. I’m Irish American with some Hispanic and from NM, where I was the minority as a white person in Hispanic neighborhoods. I’ve had a taste of inequality even through employers... but life as a man of color in white america I do not. That’s what the protests are about... that we are not all equal here yet. And people need to listen and learn, especially white people who “see no problems”.

The looting and general anarchy is whack af and distracting from the message. Massive amounts of reports of “out of towners” “anarchists” and appears to be majority white. That too is wrong.

Lol...you Two are crazy .

The riots over George Floyd as a racial murder is not valid there isn't any supporting evidence to prove the occurance to be anymore than a cop who had issues using excessive force and ended up killing a man... you and the folks who are quick to point the Color of George Floyd as the reason are the problem here as you are just fanning the flames of racism even when it's not present.

Many of the riots that have taken place over Black men that were involved with cops were not racially motivated incidents but they were made out to be as such .

I'm guessing I'm dealing with... far left... mindsets with you two . I'm neither far left or far right and I'm not super religious. I'm also not apologizing for some mythical white privilege the liberals say I have like the cops taking knee at the request of protesters to ask for forgiveness

Show me where you can point out to this Murder being racially based ? Yep it's not there if it exists it's not public . As stated Geroge Floyd being black doesn't instantly make the murder a racially motivated murder , so if you are telling me that the. Color of George Floyd's skin is what you're basing this on then you just might want to think about that for a second .

Hahaha, yeah definitely not left or right. I'd prefer anarchy over this mockery of so called democracy. I'd personally love to see the federal government abolished and states maintain all their own power. Two party system is a joke. Proff is our circus with the current POTUS. But topic for a different day.

Just saying cops stereotype which perpetatues violence. Dont get me wrong, if people don't want to stereotyped than dont fit the stereotype. But what did the guy do that he needed to be pinned down? Was he high on pcp? Was he non compliant? Nope just had a skin color that fit a stereotype.

Cops have double standards, look at the Aurora pd dude who passed out in his cruiser. He gets a free pass, pretty sure still on the force. I got a dwai for .06 all because I got pulled over for not having a front plate.

Again people say cops are dicks and blacks cause crime blah blah list goes on....dont want to be stereotyped than dont perpetuate it. Problem is one person is a citizen other is a sworn officer who took an oath to protect citizens.

Do I get why people are pissed, hell ya. Do I get why they are roiting, yep. Do I agree with it, nope. Cops have a crap job, but it's what they signed up for. Cant really choose to be "insert sterotype here" but yes you can choose to not perpute whatever stereotypes surround it. Some people are still closed minded so it becomes the viscous circle. Violence begets violence.

Last edited:

the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence

maybe or maybe the officer didn't act on a stereotype. He sure wasn't kneeling on some white dudes neck, and kneeling on someones neck alone is fairly extreme. There are multitudes of other control positions for containing someone that's cuffed, with three other colleagues, plus crowd control, and bystanders whom are trying to talk the cop through basic logic.

That cop has 18 other complaints, unlisted as to what they are currently. We don't know if he had racially charged intentions or if he was just trying to put someone into the dirt with excessive force. We can say he was acting with some motivation, especially when you have three other colleagues to help subdue a not combative citizen....for malice, racism, seeing red, something stayed in his head despite words of concern.

Just saying lets not say its not a racially motivated crime, just because we have no immediate evidence. It could just as well be that it was racially motivated, we still don't know. Heck we had one autopsy say he died of heart failure, the second autopsy shows Floyd died from blood being cut off to the brain. The info changes quickly, I wouldn't formulate an opinion until we have all the available facts.

At least we know one bad officer of the peace is off the street and hopefully the odds of a respectable officer, being whom the public encounters, have changed for the better.

Back