• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$400 mj

DAMN IT!! I JUST ordered y-links...

DAMN IT! 4 banger.... if it was a 4.0 I would have been on my way to get it.

4 banger means 4.10 gears...

I have 4.10 gears sitting in a box right here in my office!! Gears are alot easier to swap than an engine and wiring harness.

Speaking of..... does anyone need some 4.10 gears?

that's a generalization. 4 cyl means increased chance of 4.10 gears, but only if it's a 5 speed.

I'd love to buy that thing for parts...

that's a generalization. 4 cyl means increased chance of 4.10 gears, but only if it's a 5 speed.

I'd love to buy that thing for parts...

Ok well I have never come across a 4 banger that has not had 4.10s in it.

Hell my 2.8L 5 speed XJ came stock with 4.10s.

But Ian was not so lucky.

Ian does your rig still have the D35 rear in it? If so I have a set of 4.10 front and rear, with a rear LSD I will sell you CHEAP!! Hell I will throw in the entire rear axle housing.

4 cyl 5 speed can be 3.55, 3.73, or 4.10 gears
4 cyl 4 speed can be 3.55 or 3.73 gears
4 cyl auto can be 3.73, 4.10, 4.56 gears

remember, cherokees/comanches were an AMC based item, though they carried through chrysler, and as such you could order anything you wanted with them.

I've had two 4 cylinders be 4.10 gears, two have 3.55 gears, one have 4.56 gears, and one have 3.73 gears. the two with 4.10's were 86's 5 speeds, the one with 4.56 was an 87 with aw4, the two with 3.55's were 93 and 94 xj's with 5 speed, and the 3.73 was an 84 4 speed xj waggy

I wasn't trying to argue. I was just stating what I have come across.

And I know XJs were an AMC based item. I have an AMC XJ and proud of it. Makes me mad I had to put a Chrysler made tail light on it when it got rear-ended.

lol. well I'm not *really* trying to argue either. just trying to put it out there what gears can be found in what, and that it's not set in stone.

I actually lucked out on gears for my lifted comanche....managed to get all factory gears (in axles of course) with a dana 30 and a dana 44 and both were 4.10's (rear 4.09 front 4.11)

it took a long time of searching though.

Has any one looked at it, or talked to the owner yet? Is that an AMC 4 banger, with a carburator?

Hellofa good price!

Oh I would be all over it but like I said... I ordered the y-links before I found out about this.

Back